2014 Dodge Avenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Aug 122016

I was in a car accident as of March, I had front damage hit pretty hard at least the passenger air bag should have deployed but after I got my car back it started cutting off for no reason. I took it back to auto shop that fixed it when the check engine light came on due to revving up between the 3 and 5 RPM and barely moving the lightest touch it would stay stuck between those even slowing down to less 25 mph as soon as step on the gas it will shoot right back up between 3 and 5 RPM and rev.. I would have to pull over turn my car off and turn the key really hard to turn on and it would go back regular. My car randomly cuts off when stopped at lights or when coming to a stop. If I am in reverse and start to back up it stalls, jerks then cuts off. The dealership and auto shop are not finding anything "wrong" with it. Unknown of what paticular system this is I was told fuel line but I think its the engine the check engine light will come on and then go back. It is happening on and off and no one will look at it unless im paying out of pocket this started happening around 30,000 miles.

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

Apr 022016

The brakes suddenly failed. I was able to stop the car by standing on the brakes. I if I had been in traffic I would have crashed. The engine was shaking very hard and it would not accelerate to get it off the road. Two lights came on. The electronic throttle control and the one that shows a picture of a car on a slippery road. The next day the lights were off and it behaved normally. Then it reoccurred. I am taking it to a dealer but sudden loss of braking is unacceptable and from what I read on the internet a lot of people have had this same issue.

- Frannkfort, KY, USA

Oct 172015

I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger and on October 17 I fueled at the station and proceeded to travel on my way home. When I stopped at the light my son and his friend were talking. The light changed and I tried to go the car wouldn't go. It had shut itself off. Prior to this my son and I were going down the interstate and we could here a screeching whistling sound coming from the front of the car. Later that day the radio changed stations by itself. The changing of the station happened again on October 18 with me and my wife in the car. This prompted me to look into the recall factor and I found more complaints of the same type. If there is a problem someone needs to address it now before there is an accident and someone gets seriously hurt or dies. My situation could have been bad because people were expecting my car to start moving and I had no idea it wouldn't, and I was on an uphill incline. Please look into these problems and get some info out to the public.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

May 022014

Power loss in the gearbox, when you acelerate the car it happens everyday at anytime

- Ft Lauderdale , FL, USA