2014 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 162016

Avenger

I wrote previously on the brakes not working resulting in accident but I can't find where to update my previous complaint so I'll add to it here. We have since learned the speed at time of accident was 21 mph, red light came on when brakes were pressed and there were no brakes. This is the 3rd time it happened. The other 2 the brakes came right back. The accident did result in the vehicle being totaled. Thank goodness no injuries but what we have since learned is the airbags did indeed deploy, thank goodness, but the driver seatbelt did not hold. When they got him out of the driver seat, the seatbelt was across him but no longer buckled. It was just laying across him, between the airbag and the driver. I did receive a occupant restraint controller notification saying there is a recall but it says they don't have a fix yet. This is beyond scary. Especially since we own two of the same vehicles. We couldn't afford to park the vehicles until a fix was made available so driving the other Avenger is very scary. I sure hope there is a remedy soon. The recall is also for the airbags which I thank my lucky stars at least they did deploy. The accident happened 11/16/2016. Photos attached

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

Sep 152016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rearview, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Avenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chapmanville, WV, USA

Dec 212015

Avenger

Haed on guarlrail and airabg and seat belt didn't go off plus driver seat slid forward hitting chest shoulder and head on windoe steering wheel and knee hitting dash breaking artificial knee

- Penrose, CO, USA