2014 Dodge Avenger steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 232015

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. While driving at a low speed, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the steering wheel seized. The check engine and ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. While driving 45 mph, the brake pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to come to a halt. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact sustained minor bruises that required medical attention. The front passenger did not sustain any injuries, but required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed from the crash scene to an auto body repair center where the mechanic was unable to diagnose the vehicle based on the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Marathon, NY, USA

Jun 142014

This has been going on now for over a 1 year. My car engine just shuts off for no reason. I have taken it in had it towed in and multi Dodge dealership mechanics looks at it. Nobody can figure out why it does it. They have duplicated the problem lots of times but don't know why it happens. Every mechanic refuses to document in the systems that this is happening because they can't fix the problem but I make them all right on my copy of the service paperwork that they did duplicate it and what they did to protect me.the only thing they have every change is the erg valve but it still happens to this day. This is a huge safety issue.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 302015

While traveling on the highway I noticed a pulling/shaking of the vehicle felt as if the car did not want to follow my control. It will also feel as if it wants to attempt to stall or switch gears while driving

- Bradford , PA, USA

Oct 312014

I was driving on the beltway and the car just stalled. I was doing 70 mph at the time. The car randomly stalls/won't crank and it has less than 4000 miles on it. I just purchased the car and have been back and forth to the dealership and they will not help me. It shuts off with no warning and all the gauges get stuck. I am afraid for my life and I can't get in touch with the manufacturer. Because I have to get on the highway to go to work I am afraid it is going to happen when I don't have a way to get to an emergency lane and it is going to cause a fatality. No one will tell me where to turn and this is my only mode of transportation.

- Hyattsville, MD, USA

Jun 142013

Avenger 4-cyl

When driving the car it sways side to side and also kicks to the right when going over railroad tracks at approx. 15 mph.I have to drive with both hands firmly on the wheel so that it does not pull one way or the other.

- Himrod, NY, USA

May 082014

Avenger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the steering wheel began moving to the right and the contact had to use both hands with force in order to control the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who was unable to replicate nor diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130. Updated 7/22/14

- Southerland Springs, TX, USA

Jan 212014

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle would swerve from side to side abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to determine what was causing the failure but decided to performed an alignment and rotated the tires. The remedy failed to repair the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 20 and the current mileage was 5,129.

- Kansas City, MO, USA