CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Nov 092013

Caliber 4-cyl

When doing a brake job I noticed the front K member had a corrosion hole in the back of it, this is the front sub frame that holds the powertrain and front suspension.

- Duncansville, PA, USA

Oct 022013

Caliber

While under my Dodge I noticed that there is a large amount of rust. After further inspection I saw that they designed the ac condensation to drip directly onto the frame. This baffles me since all they had too do is design a tube to direct the water onto the ground. I am not sure exactly how this has effected the strength of the frame but from the amount of rust on the spot where the water drips I don't have a warm and fuzzy that the frame will last the life of the car or that the frame won't just snap while driving and cause an accident. Very unsafe practice and with such an easy fix don't understand it at all.

- Willowick, OH, USA

Jun 012013

Caliber

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that vehicle made a loud noise while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to two independent mechanics for inspection. The failure was located at the sub frame, which was severely corroded and fractured. The contact was advised that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 124,000.

- Valley Forge, PA, USA

Sep 142011

Caliber

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that when it rained, water would leak inside the vehicle and build up on the front passenger and driver sides. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where the dealer advised that they had to run water on top of the vehicle to determine the origin of the leak. The contact was concerned that the water build-up could possibly lead to an electrical problem or engine damage. The failure mileage was 69,000. The VIN was not available.

- Harrison , OH, USA

Sep 222008

Caliber

My 2007 Caliber has leaking problems, it has been in the shop twice and still not fixed, also I just brought it in for a grinding noise, at 16,000 miles. The dealer 1st told me nothing is wrong come and get it, I did not get it I told them to keep it and drive it 1st thing in the morn. They did and heard the loud vibrating noise. They called me and told me it needed swaybar bushings and a new transmission. This Caliber is junk. With each supposed repair for leaking they had my car for 2 weeks total. Also this time with the transmission it has be 3 days. I have to pay for a rental car each time. The power door locks make a weird loud noise at times when unlocking the doors. I do not feel safe with my 4 kids in the car with me. I need a safe vehicle.

- Winslow, ME, USA

May 032007

Caliber 4-cyl

After owning my new car for a few days, I decided to roll the back windows down for my children. The car makes a horrible noise, like a helicopter directly overhead. It leaves you with a piercing pain in your ears and a headache. If you leave them down for more than a couple of seconds, you have a thump that last inside your ear for a couple of days. The road conditions don't seem to matter, it has to be in the design of the car.

- Pulaski, TN, USA

Jan 292007

Caliber 4-cyl Diesel

-the contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact was driving 40 mph and the road conditions were dry. The contact heard a loud rumbling sound that was piercing to the ears. The sound was loud enough to give the contact a headache. The dealer test drove the vehicle and diagnosed a pressurization problem. This incident occurred when the rear windows were down and the front windows were up. The dealer advised her that the design of the vehicle may have something to do with the loud noise, and advised her, if the rear windows were down the front windows should also be down to eliminate the noise.

- Lancaster, CA, USA