Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jan 092014

The hinges fail on driver and passengers side the door will not shut gets stuck wide open if force shut cause you have no tools to pry bottom hinge back in place it causes a huge dent in front fender... there are a huge amount of owners complaining of this issue online so I think it's a big flaw! I have since replaced mine with used one's and do expect to have to do it again due to the design of the hinges... if this happens to your door it will not close completely if you manage to get it to closing point because the door latch will no longer line up properly... safety issues my door opened on me going down the road on my way home with it going around a corner...thank god I had my seat belt on... some links to more"qid=20091111084343aaihadt"id=208841#.uxj4H38O4V4 and many more....

- North Troy, VT, USA

Aug 022010

I would like to report a defect with my 2007 Dodge caiber.the inside handle on the drivers side door peeled away the outer layer. As I had my hand on the handle I cut myself. Since it wasn't under warranty any more I had to pay for a new handle. I didn't think it was right since I think it is a defect.

- Sturtevant, WI, USA