Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Mar 152008

I own a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T witch I purchased new. After the first 4 months of owning this vehicle. I noticed that every bump I hit, the car would sway back and forth on the road and noticed the stability was not good at all, even though I have the stability system program feature. I proceeded to take it in to the dealer and have it looked at. They assured me that it was fine. I just needed tires. I replaced all 4 tires and still had the same problem. So I brought the car in again and they then replaced the sway bar links and struts. I still have the same problem so I brought it in again and the dealer said it was fine. It is not fine! it is very dangerous and hard to control on a road that is not perfectly paved especially in rainy weather and winter months this vehicle has very bad traction and could cause an accident if unable to control, which I am trying to prevent from happening. I have spoken to other Dodge Caliber owners and they seem to have the same problem. Now I'm experiencing water running into my car every time I turn on the ac or heat and hot water running on my foot while driving whenever I turn a corner. I would greatly appreciate if this matter is investigated and resolved. Thank you

- Napanoch, NY, USA