Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

Nov 192014

I bought my Caliber last October and not even a month after having it I realized my left tail light and my middle break light didnt work so I bought bulbs and replaced them and they still didnt work and then my left headlight quit working so I had it looked at and they said that I need a whole new tipm computer and it would cost 1200 dollars that in which I dont have so I am not happy at all with this vehicle... this is very dangerous and can cause me to be ticketed for something that could have been prevented or Dodge can fix for me the tipm computer needs to be recalled asap.!

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Jul 222015

The total integrated power control module (tipm) is the latest diagnosis made (7/31/15) for my 2007 Dodge Caliber. History: Beginning in 2010 I began to notice an intermittent terrible whining noises and loss of power, which I attributed to (incorrectly) to the Dodge cvt automatic transmission. The "events would occur then O go away only to return again. Then beginning in 2011 the "events" were followed shortly thereafter by electrical component failures all of which caused me to make emergency shoulder pull offs due to significant power loss and the acrid odor and smoke of smoldering plumes of smoke. The acrid smell and smoke would stop when I shut down the vehicle; however the vehicle would not restart and had to be towed to a mechanic in each of the following documented incidents: 1/3/11 (mileage 67,877) tow and replace starter - $429 1/7/12 (mileage 73,943) tow and replace warranted starter - $179 2/14/13 (mileage 85,490) tow and replace warranted starter- $189 3/7/14 (mileage 97,383) tow and replacement starter - $324.03 2/15/15 (mileage unknown) replace alternator $406 5/20/15 (mileage 102,660) replacement starter $491.27 7/17/15 (mileage 103, 320) replacement starter $ (no charge) 7/17/15 (mileage 103, 325) unable to diagnose electrical problem 7/31/15 (mileage 103, 325) replacement (tipm) $ $1242 (estimate) come on Dodge/daimler Chrysler/Fiat make this right or forever forego future product purchase

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Jul 142015

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while attempting to power off the vehicle, the key would not disengage from the ignition. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 138,129.....updated 08/29/15 updated 08/26/15.

- Cusseta, GA, USA

Nov 202014

Was driving home one night and my car stared losing power at lower speeds. After getting off the interstate and turning left from a complete stop my car died. This stop, go, die cycle continued all the way home next morning get ready to go to work and nothing. Turned out the flue pump and wire harness had melted and burnt up. Luky we didn't burn up too. With I could upload pictures here.

- Greenville , AL, USA

Mar 122014

I was driving down the interstate during a heavy rain storm and my windshield wipers stopped working. I turned them off and back on but they would not turn back on. Based on research conducted, and similar issues found during the research, all signs point to the totally integrated power module. This is completely unsafe and I can't believe this part isn't weather proof when it controls so many vital parts of the vehicle. With all the issues I'm also shocked to know there hasn't been a recall on this product. This same style product is used in multiple Dodge vehicles and other Chrysler / Jeep vehicles. Those vehicles also exhibit the same issue.

- Salem, VA, USA

Mar 222015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the electrical warning light illuminated and the ability to accelerate failed. The vehicle was restarted and resumed to normal. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and they were unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000. The VIN was not available.

- Glastonbury, MA, USA

Oct 082009

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the low beam headlights failed without warning. The contact also stated that she drove with the high beams while driving at night, however, eventually over a period of 3 years all of the exterior lights including the brake lights had failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was diagnosed that the tipm module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 58,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 162015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While in park, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and then to a dealer who were unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. In addition, three weeks later while driving at 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The oil pressure warning light illuminated as the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 107,000.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Caliber 4-cyl

Horn and airbag both failed making the vehicle unsafe. Dodge refuses to fix the problem.

- La Canada, CA, USA

Mar 052015

Caliber 4-cyl

While accelerating from driveway the radio stopped working. Then the next day while pulling from driveway notification beep went off and lights on display flashed. About 3 weeks ago I had to replace battery. The left drivers side light has been going on and off intermittently. It also starts hard frequently. I have read online that all of these are indicators that the tipm is beginning to have issues, which is a common problem for 2007 Dodge Calibers and will cost up to $1500 to repair.

- Wyoming, MI, USA

Sep 042014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The failure occurred three times and failed to start on each occasion. As a result, the vehicle was towed each time to an independent mechanic where the link wire and the alternator were both replaced. On a separate occasion, the vehicle was taken to the dealer, who updated the computerized system but the failure persisted. The vehicle had not been repaired for most recent failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 116,000.

- Fall River, MA, USA

Nov 222014

Caliber 4-cyl

In November the low beam on my driver's side went out. I had the bulb changed, disconnected/reconnected the battery and works fine. Earlier this month the passenger's low beam went out. I have changed the bulb, disconnected/reconnected the battery (just like last time) but this time still no low beam. I took it to a local mechanic that said it was the tipm (totally integrated power module) that sells for $467 but no one has them available (I've contacted the local dealerships & on line). Now here's the problem - I've gotten a ticket for lights out and for driving with high beams on. So what do I do? Chrysler's inferior quality equipment (based on the hundreds of complaints of the same problem) is now costing me money and I can't get it fixed because they don't have the part available.

- Windsor Mill, MD, USA

Apr 152014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that when the vehicle was started, the instrument panel failed to illuminate. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the led lights needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 04/03/15

- Manton, MI, USA

Feb 022015

My mechanic has told me that the ticm total integrated control module needs replaced that it will cost $900 plus tax to do this. I have searched on line and seen that several other people have this same issue with their 2007 Dodge Caliber. This needs to be a recall matter if so many people are having the same problem. I had to replace the eac electronic accelerator control less than a year ago that may have been due to the issue with the ticm as well.

- Afton, WY, USA

Jan 272015

Integrated power module needs replaced at 65000 miles. Dashboard cluster flickers and car only accelerates to 15 mph. Cost of repair is $1000. Dealership advised they are selling power modules at 30 a month. How is this not a problem to be a recall?

- Centerville, OH, USA

Jul 022014

Caliber 4-cyl

The dashboard lights all come on and ding. Car will not go fast than 15-20 mph.

- Centerville, OH, USA

Mar 192012

I own a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0 liter. Over the past 4 + years I have had to deal with multiple problems with my car and they have all been very expensive. When I bring my Caliber to the dealership I am told that there is one serious problem after another " and there are no recalls !!" for these problem. The problem that has caused the biggest issue is the "integrated power module" it is causing multiple codes to appear and causing my car to run rough. It will cost $1000 dollars " and no recall". in the state I live in we have to pass emissions tests, it has failed multiple times. I was given an extension to try and resolve the issue. But I just spent $1000 fixing the heating problems in the car only to be told that the T.I.P.M is the root of all the remaining issues. I cant afford to spend the money to fix this issue " I shouldn't have to !!" plus I am unemployed. Chrysler/Dodge no longer makes the Caliber, and have left the current owners of these vehicles to deal with these issues themselves. I cant sell the car because if it wont pass the emissions test it is worthless and no one will buy it anyway. I don't want to trade it in I cant afford another car. Please seriously consider this problem and allow a recall I have read about the other serious problems related to the T.I.P.M and cant understand why one doesn't exist. What is Dodge waiting for??

- Homewood, IL, USA

Dec 312014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle made an abnormal noise and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 92,000...updated 02/11/15

- Bessie, OK, USA

Jan 022015

Caliber 4-cyl

The cel was has been on continually for the last several days. At first the battery warning indicator lighted and then a few minutes later went off and then back on. This was followed very shortly by the ABS, brake, airbag indicators all going off and on intermittently. Wipers started to work intermittently. All of a sudden the car was in a wrong gear and the engine started revving too high - the speedometer was going from about 50 to zero intermittently. I was going to try to make it home (about 3.5 miles), but was only able to get it into a nearby parking lot safely. It was very hard to handle - I am just fortunate that the parking lot was nearby. The lack of handling could have caused a wreck as I was on a four-lane undivided highway. These problems are due to a faulty tipm - of which has cost me $810 to repair.

- Benbrook, TX, USA

Dec 192014

Caliber 4-cyl

When returning home from the store it was near dusk. We turned on the headlights and headed home. Along the way cars were flashing their lights at us. I checked to confirm the headlights were switched on, which they were. Once we got home, we noticed both headlights were out even though they were switched on. Luckily we only had a mile from to travel to get home or this could have been a very dangerous situation that could have ended in a crash. Later I removed the headlight bulbs to see if they had burned out. (not likely since they both went out at the same time.) both bulbs appeared fine and I reinstalled them. I turned on the headlights and they both illuminated. A couple hours later, I went to leave again but after turning on the headlights neither of them illuminated. After some research I found that it's the tipm failing in the vehicle. I've also read that Chrysler installed the fuse box under the hood where it's exposed to the elements and this is possibly why so many Caliber owners are seeing this issue. I looked through the last 50 complaints on NHTSA and 20 of them are for this exact same problem. If 40% of the complaints on a vehicle are for the same issue, shouldn't Chrysler do the right thing and offer free replacement? we shouldn't have to wait until people die in a car crash before Chrysler does something. This creates a very hazardous situation if the driver of the vehicle doesn't realize the lights are not working and they're driving in rain or fog. Others drivers cannot see them as well and it's only a matter of time before somebody gets killed because of this issue.

- Baxter, MN, USA