CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

9.7

2. replaced crank sensor (2 reports)
  3. replace starter (1 reports)
2007 Dodge Caliber engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Dec 182013

Caliber Not A Trim 2.0L

I HAVE TAKEN MY CAR TO THE DEALER SEVERAL TIMES THEY CAN'T FIND ANYTHING. AS THEY SAY SOMETHING GOT TO BE WRONG FOR A CAR TO JUST LOOSE POWER AND FOR THE BRAKE LIGHT TO JUST COME ON AND OFF. I GET MY OIL CHANGE EVERY 3 MONTHS THE DEALER HAS CHECKED MY CAR THEY SAID IT'S NOTHING BUT THATS NOT TRUE WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE

- , Moberly, MO, USA

Feb 072014

Caliber SX

This is the second time I have had an engine loss of power with this car, the first time required reprogramming of the main CPU for the vehicle, this required me to have the PCN for the Crankshaft replaced. Not a nice experience or bill to receive.

- , Fairhope, AL, USA

Feb 042011

Caliber SXT 2.0L

• CVT transmission

This experience haunts me to this very day. Every time I take a road trip I am terrified that this may happen again... I was driving an 8 hour trip and was halfway through. Unfortunately the time was after 12am. While driving through the middle of no where in the pitch black darkness at a speed of 70MPH, my car completely shuts off. I have no power, no lights to see the road, nor do I know where the shoulder of the road is on this small highway. I panic and pull over to what I think is the side of the road and call family. As I come to a stop by pulling the emergency brake since nothing else works, I begin to put the car in park. When I do this, the car immediately starts up and the engine is in acceleration without me putting my foot on the gas. I was excited with joy just to be able to possibly try and drive the car the rest of the trip (4 more hours) that I ignored the acceleration and put it and drive and made it the 4 hours. It was the most nerve wrecking drive I have ever experienced while the engine was sputtering and threatening to shut off at any moment and occasionally accelerating excessively without control. Once home, I had it towed to Dodge and they replaced the starter and recalled acceleration pedal..... REALLY??? This is truly insane and unacceptable for a company to build cars that TRY and kill you. Please, I beg you... Stay AWAY from this car.

- , Lenexa, KS, USA

Oct 062012

Caliber SXT 1.8L V4

The Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) light is flashing and it makes it so I can't accelerate. I got this car 2 weeks ago and have so many problems that I will never buy a Dodge car again unless it gets recalled.

- , Layton, UT, USA

May 162011

Caliber

Said they test drove for 20 miles I am totally in doubt. By now this car has proved to be the biggest mistake.

- , Temple, Texas, USA

May 192011

Caliber

This the second time I have had the same problem in two days. Great service NOT!

- , Temple, Texas, USA

Jun 112010

Caliber ES 1.7L

I was driving down the highway at approximately 70 MPH when about 30 miles from my destination, my car lost power and the car speed when down from 70 MPH to 35 MPH, the car would not gain speed, we had to drive on the should for a bit, until I pulled into a service station in the middle of the night, there was no service available, this was a nightmare, not knowing what happen to the vehicle. This car has problems directly from the manfacture. I will never consider buying another Dodge.

- , Clovis, NM, USA