Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Aug 172011

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the passenger's side headlight failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was diagnosed that the totally integrated control module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the part was on back order. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000 and the current mileage was 137,000. The VIN was not available.

- Manson , WA, USA

Mar 162012

Caliber 4-cyl

Low beam headlight on passenger side will not turn on but the high beam works fine. Have checked wiring and fuses and it seems to be the tipm. Took into a shop and they said that it is the tipm telling the light not to turn on so in other words its a bad tipm. I was made aware that the part would be close to $1200. I've researched this issue online and I see that it is a very common issue. I am now starting to have issues with what I think is a bearing gone bad, still trying to determine this. Today as I was almost home, my charge system light came on. When I got home, so turned car off and let it sit a few minutes, turned the car back and no issues. The 2007 Dodge Caliber seems to have issues. I wrote to Dodge about the headlamp issues with no resolution or that they acknowledge there is an issue. From reading the forums today, it seems my lights or issues may get worse and possibly loose my life or cause a horrible wreck before all of this over. Dodge needs to take the responsibility for all of these issues and recall them so we are not out the huge sums of money that is required to fix this. I am currently unemployed and no unemployment compensation as of yet, I am afraid my once reliable car will just quit on me one day when I least expect or cause lose of life.

- Verolna, KY, USA

May 202013

The tipm is bad, and apparently it's a problem with these vehicles. Recall them to be fixed properly! thankfully, mine is only a headlight, but I've read where all of a sudden everything goes and the car will only go 40 mph.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 312013

Caliber 4-cyl

I own a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT. Back in March of this year, the driver's side headlight went out. After replacing the bulb, it still did not work. I looked online for some potential enlightenment as to why and found a multitude of message boards and consumer websites stating this is a common problem with the 2007 Dodge Calibers. It starts with losing a headlight and then escalates to loss of power to the headlights, blinkers, hazard lights, windshield wipers, and sometimes the heating/cooling system and/or radio. Initially, in March, I hadn't experienced that yet. Today, I was driving through a city at approximately 30mph when I went to take a turn and noticed my right blinker wasn't working, so I tried the blinker for the left. That too was not working. Neither were my hazard lights or windshield wipers. I was far from home and afraid to shut the car off, for fear it would not restart so I kept driving home cautiously, trying not to change lanes. It began pouring rain and I was on the highway. I had no headlights, no wipers, and no blinkers or hazards to signal I was going over into the breakdown lane. Once in the breakdown lane, I was not easily visible to the other cars speeding by because of the amount of rain and the fact that I had no hazard lights to rely on. I could easily have been hit or hit someone else while trying to navigate through the rain to safety with no working blinkers, hazards, headlights, or wipers! the worst part is, this is a startlingly common issue with the year, make, and model and Dodge is not offering a recall for this issue with the tipm (totally integrated power module), where the problem is stemming from. The dealership wants to charge me $99 for diagnostics and then over $1,000 for a new tipm. I want to start a class action lawsuit to get Dodge to recall all of the vehicles having these safety issues caused by the tipm failure!!!!

- Nashua, NH, USA

Aug 012013

Passenger headlight not turning on. After replacing bulb it powered on one or two more times then would not turn on again. After much research I have found that the tipm is the result, and that it is very expensive to fix. Since headlight have to pass safety inspections and the tipm appears to be faulty, this should be considered a recall!

- Princeton, TX, USA

Mar 222013

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the low beam headlights on the driver's side of the vehicle failed. The contact was able to use the high beams only. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic, where the headlights were replaced however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The failure was not reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 69,500. The current mileage was 70,000.

- Fairmont , WV, USA

Apr 152013

The driver's side headlight stopped working after flickering on and off for a few weeks. I checked the wiring, changed the bulb, checked for loose connections and all fine. Did some research and found that the totally integrated power module (tipm) is the cause. It appears from what I have seen that numerous people who have Calibers and PT CRUISER have experienced the problem. The two ways I have seen to fix this is to buy a new tipm for $500-$800 dollars, not installed, or rewire it to the passenger light which may cause a fire. This is totally unacceptable! to rely on a $500-$800 part to make sure a headlight works? Dodge needs to be forced to recall the part or provide owners available options at cheaper rates! this is very poor and I hope that NHTSA will assists the 1,000's of owners who are experincing this problem. Thank you!

- Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Sep 242012

Caliber 4-cyl

Left low beam cut out while driving. I replaced the bulb, still not working. Next day, ABS, esp, brake, traction control lights illuminated. I checked all fuses and found nothing. I replaced all fuses just to be safe, still nothing. I called the dealership to ask what the problem could be. I mentioned the low beam and he immediately said that the tipm needs to be replaced. He stated that he had replaced 3 of the same model that month. After being told the cost of the repair, $ 1,200, I was upset. This is a costly repair. There are numerous complaints found on the internet, especially the Dodge forums, with these same issues. Many people believe that this is a safety issue and it really is. I have not had the part replaced, but after reading a few complaints of the right low beam also failing, I will not drive this car at night or during adverse weather conditions. I really feel that we as consumers should not be required to pay for a part or its replacement, when the car was built with faulty equipment. Hopefully, Dodge will admit this and issue a recall for the tipm before some gets hurt or even worse.

- Apo, AE, USA

Feb 212012

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the daytime running lights failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Covington, LA, USA

Nov 252012

Caliber 4-cyl

The left headlight low-beam does not work. Have been stopped 3 times by police for warnings. Have replaced light bulb with new bulb and it still only works on high-beam. Took to auto service center, they also tried to install a new bulb, but it to did not work. Tried tip of removing both battery cables and holding them together for 10 minutes to reset computer code. That also did not work. From searching the internet on this problem, I find that there are many of these vehicals with similar problems. I think these should be recalled by Chrysler because it causes a safety issue when driving at night or during the day when it is raining.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jan 042012

Caliber 4-cyl

While driving my car at night my right headlight went out, replaced bulb and discovered new bulb does not work, problem was diagnosed as a bad totally integrated power module, so a $20 lamp turned into a costly $1200 repair, what if all lights went out? as I investigated this issue it is very common on Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, this occurrence of failure can and will be a danger if you encounter failure whiling driving at night and lose all lights or other components, I believe Chrysler /Dodge should be held accountable for this failure in their design of this necessary component in their vehicles and a safety recall should be ordered! thank you

- Highland Lakes, NJ, USA

Jan 022012

Caliber 4-cyl

2007 Dodge Caliber - totally integrated power module (tipm) unit issue low beam headlights stopped working while operating vehicle. Only high beam lights work. Local garage diagnosed problem as faulty totally integrated power module, with a repair cost of $1225. Headlights are a necessary component to the safe operation of a vehicle. Dodge ought to look into the issue of faulty tipm units and the safety implications inherent in failure of the component. The safety of the families traveling in vehicles manufactured by Dodge ought to be of the greatest concern.

- Portland, OR, USA

Sep 012012

Caliber 4-cyl

Having electrical issues with the low beams on the headlights. It started as one light not working, then went to both lights not working. We have to use the high beams at night. The car is due a safety inspection and will not pass due to the lighting problem. There's also issues with the electric windows not operating and the check engine light comes on. I have spoken with Chrysler about the problem and they will not do anything because our warranty has run out. They did say that if a recall were to happen I could get reimbursed. We do not have the funds to fix it. Updated 11/29/12

- Cary, NC, USA

Feb 062012

Caliber 4-cyl

I have had constant problems with this car. My key abruptly stopped working last year and I have to pay $500 because the dealership said the computer could no longer recognized my key so I had to get a new one. My gear shaft began to jam and I had to pay $200 to get a chip replaced because it was shot. Now my totally incorporated power module was shot today when I took it to get checked at the dealership today. The cost is estimated to be $1150. I am sick and tired of all the problems this car is presenting in my life.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Nov 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that at engine startup, both the high and low beams failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was advised to the contact the fuse box failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not contacted. The vehicle was not repaired and the VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 78,000 and the current mileage was 88,000.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Nov 012010

Caliber 4-cyl

Problems with the totally integrated power module. My head lights are not working properly.

- Solgohachia, AR, USA

Dec 062011

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced an increased stopping distance when applying the brakes and the brakes would emit a loud squeaking noise. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 07V196000 (wheels:cap/cover/hub), but the VIN was not included. Also, the exterior headlights would illuminate intermittently. The dealer was not notified. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but denied any assistance with repairs. The failure and current mileages were 53,000. Updated 1/13/12 the consumer stated the high beams would come on, but when she hit the dimmer switch, the dim lights would not come on. Also, the tail light was not working properly. The dealer stated there was water in the light assembly. Updated 02/2/9/12 updated 03/07/12

- Altamont, IL, USA

Nov 172008

Caliber 4-cyl

In November of 2008 my left passenger headlight stopped working so I went to have the bulb replaced and was told there is no power going to the outlet. So I tool it to a shop to see what is going on and they stated that the relay for the light is bad. This is a very expensive fix that after two years I am still not able to afford. I was told this is a dealer only part and they would have to replace all the wiring so it would be around $700.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 012010

I bought a 2007 Dodge Caliber in April 08, it had 12,00 miles on it. It now has 70,000 miles. It is making a loud clicking noise in the front end. I can feel it in the steering wheel and on the floor board whenever I make a turn or go over a bump. I do not have a warranty, and the dealer wants $75 just to look at the car. Also, while driving with my small child, my turn signals, high beam headlights, and wipers just stopped working. I have looked at hundreds of other complaints about these same issues, but I do not know of any recalls for these same issues. This is an extreme safety issue while driving. I am not sure how I will be able to pay for these problems with the car. Wondering how Dodge can get away with these same issues happening with thousands of Calibers and them not be held liable to fix it at their cost? will never buy a Dodge again! thank you, and I hope to see recalls very soon for these issues!

- Brooksville, KY, USA

Nov 042009

4 sets of headlight have blown on the car in the last 6 months. Then my gears aren't shifting correctly because it's making a clicking noise which has been heard by several people. Also the steering wheel clicks when you turn it on occasions. On a 2007 Dodge Caliber sxt2.0.

- Pikesville, MD, USA