Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 202009

I bought a used 2007 Dodge Caliber about 18 months ago. It had about 27,000 miles on it. I love the car except for one major problem. About six months ago(car now has 46,000 miles and out of warranty) I got stopped by a police officer. He informed me that my rear brake lights weren't working(third brake light worked ok). I brought the car to the dealership I bought it from so they could diagnose it. I was told it needed some kind of software upgrade and was going to cost me because the car was no longer in warranty. I lost my job shortly after buying the car and told the dealership I couldn\'t afford to pay. They did some type of reset(free of charge)and said it might not last. The other day I got stopped again, finding out my brake lights weren't working again. I'm still not working so things are even tighter than before. I called Dodge to see if they would help me out. He said he talked to the dealership and they told him they would have to diagnose it. Because it was an electrical problem they might need the car for a couple days and the charges could be quite high. The guy at Dodge said the best he could do is pay half of the repair. I told him half wasn't going to help so I guess my only option was to drive it like it was. My intension was to keep the car for another year and buy a new Dodge but if this is the way they operate I guess I'll buy another brand. He said he would keep on record in case I changed my mind about splitting the charges. I told him he should keep it on record so when I get rear ended I can say I tried to do something about it. I'm still out of work and still driving it without brake lights. It's just a matter of time, but what can I do?

- Alton, NH, USA

Jan 122009

Faulty turn signals in my 2007 Dodge Caliber not functioning properly along with my hazard lights, there have been no injuries to this point put in could lead to it because the driver behind or on the side of you doesn't know when you are making a turn or are trying to merge with traffic.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA