Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 232010

I was stopped at red light, I was rear ended at aprox.45mph by SUV. The car started in fire at rear of car, flames touched to of car inside of car. After emptying a fire extinguisher, fire restarted 5 more times, each time using another extinguisher, fireman finally flooded car to stop the fire...just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? the muffler and gas tank arevery close, and were touching after impact..

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jul 062010

Safety recall K11 on my Dodge Caliber. I received the recall notice over a week ago, made an appointment for this am 7/6/10 at 10:30 am and delivered the car to Tacoma Dodge in Tacoma, wa. I arrived early and checked in. 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment they still had not started work on my car. The recall letter said 30 minutes to complete the work. I was not appraised that they wanted to work on the vehicle at their leisure. Other Dodge dealers in pierce and thurston counties have refused to provide service in the past as Tacoma Dodge was not an "approved" dealer in GM's re-organization and I had bought the car there before the restructure. I had appointments and needed my vehicle back. It had not been repaired.

- Dupont, WA, USA