CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jan 202015

Caliber

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving at approximately 25 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal. A bottle was underneath the brake pedal, which caused the contact to crash into the rear of a truck. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to retract. The contact sustained unknown injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Mar 012014

Caliber

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the driver side seat belt independently unfastened and the seat belt warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 107,731.

- Brookfield , MO, USA

Oct 012012

Caliber 4-cyl

Seat belts come unbuckled after they click in. This happens with driver, passenger, and back seat seat belts. I have reported to dealership several times, and they tell me they has not been a recall on this. I have kids and my safety to worried about, and I dont know how else to address this before it becomes too late, and it actually happens during an accident.

- Los Osos, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Caliber 4-cyl

The drivers seat belt unlatches by itself when driving. After it unlatches this way it sometimes takes a few attempts to get it to lock when latching. This happens within the first 1 or 2 miles of driving. Speed is not a factor. This started as an occasional occurrence, but now it happens almost daily. I am the original owner of this vehicle.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 112010

Caliber 4-cyl

Well, I have a few complaints with my vehicle. I have had to replace the same control arm on the front drivers side twice(once at 55,000 and again at 80,000) and have only had the vehicle since 2009. I have complained to the dealership many times about my driver's seat belt coming undone while both hands are on the wheel driving. The service department at parkway told me I wasn't hooking it in correctly but being 26 years of age and always using a seat belt I wonder if I have been doing it wrong all along and if I was, wouldn't this problem happen every time I hooked the belt instead of at random? you would think they would want to fix the problem before they get sued from someone dying from it unhooking while in an accident. My latest problem is with the passenger side window, I was headed to a friends house with the windows half up and when I went to put the windows all the way up, it wouldn't go, it went down, and the passenger side button did not work either, needless to say, I had to park in the parking garage and tape my window when I got home to leave it parked in the street because I only have street parking. Thank you Dodge for making me with I would have stuck with GM.

- Hamtramck, MI, USA

Nov 282010

Caliber

My passenger side air bag randomly disarms and my driver's side seatbelt comes undone often. Sometime takes 2-3 times of trying to fasten seat belt to get it to secure. Cruise control has also gone out. Love my car, but not happy with all the problems popping up. It is only 4 years old.

- Tahlequah, OK, USA

Apr 012011

Caliber 4-cyl

Seat belt comes unlatched, quite often.

- Hornell, NY, USA

Dec 152010

Caliber

Seat belt was buckled but became unlatched shortly thereafter.

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

May 012008

Caliber

Front driver and passenger seat belts release without pushing release button or when coming to a fast stop.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Oct 092006

Caliber

: the contact stated the rear passenger seatbelt's latch tightened and would not allow the occupant to be extracted from the seat. This caused minor bruising to a child. The vehicle had the seatbelt replaced on two occurrences by a dealer who determined that the seatbelt was defective and covered under warranty. The vehicle was brought back for a third replacement. The seatbelt could not be used and was removed. The vehicle was not included in any recall due to the VIN.

- Wink, TX, USA