CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

8.3

2007 Dodge Caliber transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Oct 182007

Caliber 4-cyl

While driving on Suburban roads car would lose all power and almost stall, a red lighting bolt would appear on instrument panel. Vehicle taken to dealership throttle body replaced and PCM flashed. Second incident occurred about one year later, this time on the freeway at approx 65mph loss of all power almost stall. Car taken to dealer, throttle body was not replaced however PCM was again flashed. Third occurrence happened 09/18/11 issue was present in both city driving and freeway driving again taken to dealership and throttle body needs to be replaced and PCM flashed. This failure is highly dangerous due to the fact that is happens without warning on both city and highway driving.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Aug 012006

Caliber 4-cyl

I was driving my 2007 Dodge Caliber when stalled while making a left hand turn this happened several times also the accelerator pedal does not respond well when cold. I had the emissions recall performed and it has stalled only once since having that done. Also my fuel mileage has dropped from 29-30 mpg to 25-26.

- Clinton Twp., MI, USA

Oct 092006

Caliber 4-cyl

I just recently purchased a 2007 Dodge Caliber. It has been less than 30 days since I have had the car. The car was a nice vehicle, until one day coming home from heidelberg, germany. I was on autobahn 656 between heidelberg and mannheim. I was in the left lane driving about 70 K/hr. I went to turn on my headlights and as I did the entire dashboard panel went blank. All meters (odometer, tacometer, and speedometer) dropped to zero, but they quickly came back on. When they returned to normal, the transmission had shifted into neutral, causing me to nearly get rear-ended by a car traveling behind me. I was unable to shift back into drive. I changed lanes and got to the shoulder and shut off the car. When I shut it off and let it sit for about 5 minutes, I restarted the car and was able to put it back into drive. But when I had started the car, the malfunction light had turned on and would not extinguish. I was able to drive the car back to my apartment and let it be parked. When I returned to the house, I tried to restart it and the malfunction light had went out. My wife then drove the car back to the car lot on Tuesday morning. I had talked to customer service, a one lawson@militarycars.com, I explained to him that I felt the car is an unsafe car. Yes, I understand that you deserve the chance to fix the problem. But who is to say that the problem will be fixed correctly and that it won't happen again. What if my wife and myself don't find out that it wasn't perfectly fixed until it's too late. If I'm driving and I have an accident, do you want to be the one to explain to my family why you would not take my car on a return because it's unsafe? I have always purchased Dodge vehicles. I don't like driving anything but a Dodge. I don't blame anyone at miliatary car sales or even Dodge. But I do not want this unsafe vehicle. Our lives hang in your hands make us keep an unsafe car or let us return it today 13 Oct 2007 at 1743.

- Apo, AE, USA