2.7

2010 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Caliber:

2010 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Caliber

We purchased vechicle 2012. Have had numberous fuses blown; front blinkers and lights rear blinkers and brake lights also the plug in where ciggerate lighter. Another issue is with car randomly not starting. Turning over for 5-10 secs. I have had to replace altanator twice, newer battery and starter. At one point it did work. The cd player and controls panel goes black when inserting cd it flickers and goes black.. temperature gage above steering wheel lights constantly flickers..last issue is with door locks not unlocking its a menace..needless to say its been nothing but a headache.. recently recieved recall notice in mail

- Endicott, NY, USA

Apr 292014

Caliber 4-cyl

2 months ago I was dropping my son off at school and I went to turn on the main road when my car started bucking and then I noticed a light with a lighting bolt flash and I turned back around and went home and read my manual and it told me if the light doesn't stay on it's drivable lately it's been bucking more then ever and so I went online and found out that there are hundreds of Caliber owners with this same problem and my car has less then 60,000 miles on it. It shouldn't be having problems like this already. I still drive the car but it is not a safe feeling with kids in the back seat.

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Jan 102013

Caliber 4-cyl

The car would fail to start using remote starter on occasion then progressed to starting w/remote start but when the key inserted the car would shut down. Progressed with extra problems such as not having power when it did stay running. Would only go 10 mph, sputtering, with electronic throttle control coming on. I turned car off and tried again and ran for awhile and regained speed and w/out missing/sputtering. Appear random and continued to work and in heavy traffic car begins to rapid decent in speed (50 mph to quick drop to 10 mph) with etc light on. With drop down in speed/momentum and not because of breaking the reason that left no indication to the person(s) behind me to have a warning. I put emergency flashers on and got to a safer place. Turned car off/on, repeated sometimes w/remote was the only way to start car but many times placing the key in the ignition actually shut the car down. Improved at times but with no warning the car would go into to rapid decrease in speed and even try to stall at times, especially if it was combined with braking at stop signs/signals/traffic. The dealership only focused on the electronic throttle control and said it was completely out. The actual day I left it at dealership it was running fine that particular morning. I have had it back 1 day but I am very concerned with a repeat history of this due to no real warning because the light appears as you are already shutting down/slowing down. By the time the light comes on someone behind me could already have hit me and I usually travel interstate and this is scary. The car also wanted increase on a couple of moments but this was not as much as the reverse. Car is just over a couple of years old & I have also just replaced the driver door mechanism for the window operation (dropped when it broke). Vent system repaired.

- Charlotte , NC, USA