5.5

1. new rotors (3 reports)
2010 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Caliber:

2010 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jul 182011

Caliber Mainstreet 2.0L

• CVT transmission

TOOK IT TO THE DEALER , THEY MEMTIONED THAT THEY CAN HEAR WHY I BROUGHT IN MY CAR , I GOT CHARGE $70 JUST TO LOOK AT IT, ALL THEY DONE AS I'M TOLD WAS THAT THEY CLEANED DUST AND LUBED THE BRAKESHOE ON BACKSIDE WHERE IT RESTED ON THE BACKPLATE. AFTER A 1078 MILES IT CAME BACK. EVER SINCE I"VE BEEN TAKING THE DRUM APART, CLEANING IT AND SPRAYING IT WITH A SILACONE BASE LUBERACATE AND USING BEARING GREASE ON THE BRAKESHOE CONTACTS. IT LSAT ABOUT 7000 MILES BEFORE THE NOISE STARTS UP AGIAN. I BELEIVE THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE MATRIAL USED FOR MAKING THE BACKPLATE OR THE BACKPLATE NOT BEING INSULATED FOR VIBRATIONS.

- , Montgomery, IL, USA

Apr 242013

Caliber

Older buyer with limitless income stuff w/o money to fix has problem with brakes on 2010 Dodge Caliber. It's a shame how I got stuck with this vehicle not of my choosing but dealer's choice. Problem occurred within first year of ownership with 5 1/2 years left on payments!!! How fair is this?

- , Warner Robins, GA, USA

Jun 012010

• CVT transmission

I AM TAKING IT BACK TODAY WITH 10,000 K WITH THE SAME BRAKE ISSURE AND HAVE OTHER ISSUES. ME BEING A GIRL THEY REALLY TRY TO GET AWAY WITH NOT FIXING THIS CAR AT THE DEALERSHIP I BOUGHT IT FROM.

- , Surrey, BC, canada

Apr 122010

Caliber

I bought the car on 04/10/10 brand new with 4 miles on it. A couple days after driving it, I heard a noise when brakes applied. Thought it might be becasue it was new. It kept doing it and when I took it in the 1st time I was told they found a rock wedged in it that was causing it to make the noise. It kept doing it so I took it back. This time they told me they were putiing new rotors in. It now has 1000 miles on it and I have only had it 2 months. It is still in the shop so if this doesn't fix it, I will complain again.

- , Trumann, AR, USA