2.9

2010 Dodge Caliber lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Caliber:

2010 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Nov 182014

Caliber

Power in vehicle began to drain 47 miles from my house going 60 to 75mph after going 75 to 80 mph temperature out side is about 50 degrees. The car acts as if it were going to stall the radio power went out. After that I tested to see if it were the lights still worked and upon turning the lights on all lights in the car dimmed completely. I went 28 miles to my appointment with no accessories on to include the heater. And radio would not get power until sitting for 30min. On the trip returning home 30miles in to my trip returning home going 60 to 75 miles highest speed for 20miles of the first 30 miles the car power started to drain. Just took it to big O tires today and was confirmed no battery issues the battery is in good condition. I have to spend $100 to do testing now. It is winter here I can not risk my life in a car that can not operate in the cold or after only 44000 miles acts like it will not operate. It happened before at highway speeds last year when I hit 35000 miles. I did some research online that this has happened in warmer climates as well at 55000 miles. Please look in to this I no longer trust my car to drive 75mph on highway. And I dear not go 75miles away from home if it can't take a 150 mile trip its not worth paying of a car last check the loan is $11,000. If the problems were known the car should have never been resold by any dealer. If I was not able to use another car I would be more upset than I am now this car is only good for an elder to go to the store and back. I wont be using this car outside my city limits its not safe.

- Centennial, CO, USA

Nov 082013

Caliber

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the head light covers were forming condensations, which the contact was concerned that the failure could possibly cause an electrical short. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician diagnosed that the headlight assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 52,000.

- Forth Worth, TX, USA