3.3

2011 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Caliber:

2011 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jul 192016

Caliber

I was driving on the highway between 50-60 mph and my car suddenly lost power. 2 warning lights came on the dash and I pressed the gas pedal to the floor and still my car would not accelerate. The air conditioning stopped working and again I could not increase my speed. I pulled over and put on my emergency flashers. Reviewed my manual and was able to read about the warning signs. I turned off my car and started it back up and I was able to make it home safely. Very scary drive! I had my 2 grandchildren in the car too. I have now read about many instances of this happening. I may try my dealer but I don't know if I will keep this car.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 152015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. While driving at 45 mph, the check engine light and the electronic stability system light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the throttle was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fortworth, TX, USA

Apr 072015

Caliber

The etc (electronic throttle control) light comes on more and more, causing the engine to lose power at low and high rpms. I had it checked and I get codes of U1407, (implausible engine torque request signal received) U1424, (implausible engine torque signal received) U1425.(implausible pedal position signal received). Rough idle occurs at start up. Etc light comes on at low and high rpms even after the car has been running for some time.

- Centerville, MN, USA

Dec 062014

Caliber 4-cyl

Went out to start my car, inserted key in ignition, car cranked without stopping continuous, check engine light came on and red lightning symbol for ect failure. Turned off looked in book. Tried several other times to start, same result.

- South Charleston, OH, USA