2011 Dodge Caliber electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Caliber:

2011 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jul 192016

Caliber

I was driving on the highway between 50-60 mph and my car suddenly lost power. 2 warning lights came on the dash and I pressed the gas pedal to the floor and still my car would not accelerate. The air conditioning stopped working and again I could not increase my speed. I pulled over and put on my emergency flashers. Reviewed my manual and was able to read about the warning signs. I turned off my car and started it back up and I was able to make it home safely. Very scary drive! I had my 2 grandchildren in the car too. I have now read about many instances of this happening. I may try my dealer but I don't know if I will keep this car.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Apr 242016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power while driving approximately 15 mph. The check engine and throttle body control warning indicators illuminated. The contact pulled over and manually restarted the vehicle. The failure recurred after 3 1/2 hours while driving approximately 55 mph. The vehicle was towed to the independent mechanic where the failure could not replicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 60,200. The VIN was not provided.

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Dec 062014

Caliber 4-cyl

Original complaint was filed as this number 10662585 for preliminary diagnosis. When I had it towed to the dealer, jeffy wyler Chrysler Jeep Dodge in springfield oh, they called the next day and told me the fuse box had entirely shorted out and would have to be replaced by me because the car was out of warranty for $698. I had to repair the car. My complaint is this car stopped working at 21485 miles no matter that I have owned it for just now 40 months. This car has been babied over the course of my ownership since purchasing from the dealer as a new car, no other owner. For the fuse box to fail at this low mileage tells me it is a factory problem, not mine.

- South Charleston, OH, USA

Apr 242014

Caliber

I was driving on a highway going about 55-60mph when lights on my dash came on and my RPM dropped drastically. All of the sudden I could not accelerate and my car lost speed almost instantly. The first incident I was able to pull off the road to safety. This issue continued a few times after and finally it caused another vehicle to hit the rear bumper of my car. There was no damage or injury since we were at a slow speed but it could have been worse. I had my car to Dodge dealerships and they could not find the issue until recently when I took it and they said my throttle body was bad. I only have about 79,000 miles on the car and this is not a part that should, D go bad that fast.

- Pennsville, NJ, USA

Feb 122014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driving home from work around 8:15pm. On Wednesday, February 12th, 2014. I was making a left hand turn onto one of the streets the leads me to my home as I always do. As I am making the left turn I felt my steering wheel losing control as I am turning and the car shifting to the left of the road onto on coming traffic. In order to prevent the car from going into the on coming traffic I tried to turn the steering wheel of the car to my right and I can see on my dash board of the car that my skid light was blinking on and off trying to stabilize the car but no success at this time I am not getting much cooperation from my steering wheel and to avoid the parked cars on my right as I am pressing the break the car or right wheel of the car made a hard impact with the curb of the side walk. I immediately put the car in park with my hazard lights and I get out to access the damages and there was no visual body damage at the time. I managed to get the car home which was just a few blocks from the accident site to discover that steering wheel was not operating properly it was like it was doing 360 turns and the left wheel of the car was very unstable. A few days after the weather was breaking I was able to call my insurance company, tow truck and mechanic to assist with the damages. The damages where alignment front wheels, steering wheel, steering column, right fog light, right wheel, bumper over and bumper splash guard.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 222011

Caliber 4-cyl

First incident occurred in the morning, vehicle stalled and restarted on it's own going around a curve. Later that day in the afternoon, vehicle stalled going around yet another curve this time not restarting. After being towed to a dealership, the PCM was flashed and I was told all would be well. Stalls on off ramp of interstate 30 miles later going 55 mph. Towed again, tipm module was replaced. Vehicle stalls again and restarts on interstate five days later going 75 mpg, dealership claims no problem this time, no codes and cannot duplicate issue after a 148 mile test drive. Stalled again a month later going down a hill at 15 mph, PCM flashed as no error codes were stored for repair at 9,931 miles. 12/08/11 vehicle stalls again going 70 mph on interstate on a bridge over a river with heavy traffic at 10,542 miles. No accident, car will not start for owner with two attempts, turns over once and stalls for two driver on his three attempts. Car started once towed to dealership. Dealership states started for them to pull into garage was just notified Chrysler engineers believe the problem this time is a win module. Car has stalled whilst moving now 5 times and has been disabled over 30 days total.

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Aug 032011

Caliber

Ignition sticks on initial daily start up and after sitting for several hours without being ran. There is also a whining noise coming from front end when vehicle is first driven and subsequently after it sits for several hours. It has been to the dealership twice for both issues. Dealer couldn't duplicate.

- North Canton, OH, USA

Aug 102011

Caliber

Engine will stall while turning at low speeds, will also stall with A/C on while sitting. Has done so 5 times

- St. Augustine, FL, USA

May 252011

Caliber

I have a Dodge 2011 Caliber..I recently bought it back on May 4,2011..within one week I had a water leak on the passenger side. I took it into the shop and they fixed the problem. About two weeks after that I was at a stop light and the light turned green and I went to go and my car didn't move. I had cars behind me so I started my car up again and it went. I called the dealership and they told me "don't bring it in lets do a time span to see if it happens again." Two weeks after that I was taking a right hand turn onto a street and it shut off again. I called the dealership and I took it in to them the next day. They had it for almost two weeks and said they coded the ABS module and I thought that was weird because my light didn't come on. So they went ahead and put a new one in. So I got it back on the Monday and on the Friday I was taking a left hand turn and my car cut off again. That was about three weeks ago and they still have my car. They called and told me that they are going to update my software. As of right now I really do not want that car back. It is a very unsafe car and I don't understand why I have to have it if the same problem still occurs. I have contacted Chrysler but they said there is nothing they could do about this according to lemon law.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Aug 012011

Caliber

2011 Dodge Caliber 2.0. has stalled 5 times while driving. Just stops! the ignition sticks as well. This car only has 1200 miles on it. The stalling occurs just while driving - no specific warning..just shuts down.

- Fl, FL, USA

Jul 142011

Caliber 4-cyl

2011 Dodge Caliber has stalled three times and starter has remained engaged when starting vehicle in the timespan of one week since vehicle was purchased approx. Three weeks ago. Vehicle has been in the service dept. For one week and no resolution has been made.

- Texas, TX, USA