2011 Dodge Caliber steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Caliber:

2011 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Oct 162015

Caliber

When driving the car sways and it jerks the steering wheel it wears tires out every few months it does this on all highways

- Rockhill Furnace, PA, USA

Sep 082015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. While driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle pulled to the right and occasionally to the left. Once a month, the tires had to be replaced because the tread wore out unevenly. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a tire alignment who stated that something was wrong with the steering column and referred the contact to the dealer. The dealer agreed with the mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Florence, KY, USA

Feb 122014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driving home from work around 8:15pm. On Wednesday, February 12th, 2014. I was making a left hand turn onto one of the streets the leads me to my home as I always do. As I am making the left turn I felt my steering wheel losing control as I am turning and the car shifting to the left of the road onto on coming traffic. In order to prevent the car from going into the on coming traffic I tried to turn the steering wheel of the car to my right and I can see on my dash board of the car that my skid light was blinking on and off trying to stabilize the car but no success at this time I am not getting much cooperation from my steering wheel and to avoid the parked cars on my right as I am pressing the break the car or right wheel of the car made a hard impact with the curb of the side walk. I immediately put the car in park with my hazard lights and I get out to access the damages and there was no visual body damage at the time. I managed to get the car home which was just a few blocks from the accident site to discover that steering wheel was not operating properly it was like it was doing 360 turns and the left wheel of the car was very unstable. A few days after the weather was breaking I was able to call my insurance company, tow truck and mechanic to assist with the damages. The damages where alignment front wheels, steering wheel, steering column, right fog light, right wheel, bumper over and bumper splash guard.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 042011

Caliber 4-cyl

While making a slow speed right turn (into our driveway) the steering locked/ car stalled. The vehicle is a one week old 2011 Dodge Caliber with 516 mis on it. The same thing occurred about three days ago when making a slow right hand turn a different location. Normal function returned after turning off and restarting the car each time.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Jun 092011

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. The contact was driving 20 mph when the steering wheel locked, causing the vehicle to stall with the illumination of the traction control warning light. The vehicle was turned off when restarted, the steering was reset. The contact stated that the failure recurred three times. The vehicle was driven to the dealer who replaced the computer bu the failure recurred within one week. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who advised that they would have to replace the computer a second time. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the vehicle could qualify for a buy-back program but the failure would have to recur at least four times. The vehicle was being repaired under warranty. The failure mileage was 1,600. The VIN was not available.

- Tutorkey, KY, USA