2.9

2011 Dodge Caliber suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Caliber:

2011 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Oct 152016

Caliber

Received notice of loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment in a crash. Repairs made to the suspension, tyi-rod totaling over $1000 in repairs and loss of a car so could not make it to work. This car iis not safe and I am not comfortable driving it with these known recalls. I believe I should be given a safe, camparable replacement. Why am I asked to place my life at risk as well as any one that would accompany me in my car" I am requesting a full refund or a new car. While making a turn on a circle, I car completely spun around. A truck was behind me and I was lucky that time but who knows about the next time???"

- Maple Shade, NJ, USA

Nov 022015

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle would start shaking and vibrating. In addition, the vehicle would drive rough and there was a loud noise present. The contact noticed that the tires were worn out but were purchased new with six months of use. The contact also noticed that during rain weather, the front driver and the passenger floorboards would become wet. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was informed that the an alignment was unable to be performed due to the ball joints and tires needing replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Fairfield, OH, USA

Jan 312013

Caliber

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. While driving approximately 50 mph, the engine stalled and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart after two attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed that the springs and front axle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Brentwood, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Caliber

The contact owns 2011 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle made a loud noise and would slide when the brakes were applied. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic for inspection, who advised that the struts and shocks were prematurely worn. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000 and the current mileage was 40,000.

- Hamtramck, MI, USA