2011 Dodge Caliber wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Caliber:

2011 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Nov 022015

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle would start shaking and vibrating. In addition, the vehicle would drive rough and there was a loud noise present. The contact noticed that the tires were worn out but were purchased new with six months of use. The contact also noticed that during rain weather, the front driver and the passenger floorboards would become wet. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was informed that the an alignment was unable to be performed due to the ball joints and tires needing replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Fairfield, OH, USA

Feb 122014

Caliber 4-cyl

Driving home from work around 8:15pm. On Wednesday, February 12th, 2014. I was making a left hand turn onto one of the streets the leads me to my home as I always do. As I am making the left turn I felt my steering wheel losing control as I am turning and the car shifting to the left of the road onto on coming traffic. In order to prevent the car from going into the on coming traffic I tried to turn the steering wheel of the car to my right and I can see on my dash board of the car that my skid light was blinking on and off trying to stabilize the car but no success at this time I am not getting much cooperation from my steering wheel and to avoid the parked cars on my right as I am pressing the break the car or right wheel of the car made a hard impact with the curb of the side walk. I immediately put the car in park with my hazard lights and I get out to access the damages and there was no visual body damage at the time. I managed to get the car home which was just a few blocks from the accident site to discover that steering wheel was not operating properly it was like it was doing 360 turns and the left wheel of the car was very unstable. A few days after the weather was breaking I was able to call my insurance company, tow truck and mechanic to assist with the damages. The damages where alignment front wheels, steering wheel, steering column, right fog light, right wheel, bumper over and bumper splash guard.

- Baltimore, MD, USA