CarComplaints.com Notes: Marginal side crash test ratings from the IIHS.

2.5

2012 Dodge Caliber miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Caliber:

2012 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Caliber

"takata recall" I have a 2012 Dodge Caliber and the horn has suddenly stopped working and I am unsure why. The horn is located in the airbag assembly and because of this I have not been able to get it replaced. I don't understand why a horn on a 4 year old car would suddenly stop working, and if it's not the horn it would be the airbag. The car has not been in a collision, nor has the airbag been deployed so I still don't understand why this is occurring. I have googled the issue and numerous people with the same vehicle different years are experiencing the same issue, but Chrysler is refusing to deem it a recall issue. One night I was awaken to my horn/alarm going off, but the vehicle was inside a closed garage. The horn won't blow if pressed, but will later blow on it's on if you attempt to press it. There is an issue in the steering column because as I was driving down an interstate it began to blow, and in order to stop it from blowing I had to move the horn pad up and down. This cannot be normal.

- Bullard, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Caliber

The left tail light fixture has accumulated approximately 7.25 inches of water/moisture in side of it. The right tail light fixture has accumulated approximately 2.75 inches of water/moisture in side of it. The left running, brake and turning signal lights are still functioning properly, but the reverse light (the only one completely covered with water/moisture) does not. The right running, brake, reverse and turning signal lights are still functioning properly (none are covered by water.

- New Orleans, LA, USA