CarComplaints.com Notes: Marginal side crash test ratings from the IIHS.

2012 Dodge Caliber seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Caliber:

2012 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Caliber

"takata recall" I have a 2012 Dodge Caliber and the horn has suddenly stopped working and I am unsure why. The horn is located in the airbag assembly and because of this I have not been able to get it replaced. I don't understand why a horn on a 4 year old car would suddenly stop working, and if it's not the horn it would be the airbag. The car has not been in a collision, nor has the airbag been deployed so I still don't understand why this is occurring. I have googled the issue and numerous people with the same vehicle different years are experiencing the same issue, but Chrysler is refusing to deem it a recall issue. One night I was awaken to my horn/alarm going off, but the vehicle was inside a closed garage. The horn won't blow if pressed, but will later blow on it's on if you attempt to press it. There is an issue in the steering column because as I was driving down an interstate it began to blow, and in order to stop it from blowing I had to move the horn pad up and down. This cannot be normal.

- Bullard, TX, USA

Sep 252014

Caliber 4-cyl

I was involved in a car accident on Thursday where I hit a guard rail pretty hard and dead on. At the time I was going 35 mph in the pouring rain. My airbags never deployed. This is very bothersome as I have had issues with this car before not starting all the time when I first purchased the car. I had bumper damage, the right head light was damaged and my neck was sliced by the seatbelt!

- Aberdeen, MD, USA

Apr 262014

Caliber 4-cyl

I was in a acccident where there was a car that stopped on his brakes quickly, and I hit the back of him and my car flipped upside down. The airbag didnt supress during the accident causing me and my fiancee to get seriously hurt.

- Riverdale , GA, USA

Sep 222012

Caliber

A car hit us in the passenger door we rolled and slid and none of the side curtain air bags went off.

- Quinlan, TX, USA