1996 Dodge Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Caravan:

1996 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

May 252007

Caravan SE

My right turn signal has repeatedly burnt out bulbs and now is hardly working at all. The left works fine but the right has been a handful to live with.

- , Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Nov 142003

Caravan SE

My 1996 Grand Caravan has had numerous electrical problems ever since it was a year old with about 12,000 miles. The most annoying problem is that the turn signals work only about 50% of the time. I reported the problem 5 different times while it was under warranty and it was never fixed. The dealer said that they worked just fine for them. Twice I have paid for the "multi-function switch" to be replaced at several hundred dollars a pop. In both cases, the problem reappeared within two weeks. The dealer was little or no help (again) unless I wanted to spend several hundred more dollars to have them diagnose the problem. The Chrysler Customer Service department in Detroit even refused to help me after I sent them copies of all the service orders I had turned in while it was under warranty but were not fixed.

- , Columbus, GA, USA