1. replace (1 reports)
1997 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Caravan:

1997 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 102008

Caravan Sport ?

The first time the car was making a squealing noise that stopped when going up a hill. I took it to the shop and they replaced the belt. The second time the belt was hanging down under the front of the car. This time it left my husband stranded. He lost power steering, lights, and I am sure other things before it finally stopped. This last time, my husband heard a flopping noise from the engine and was very lucky to even make it home this time according to the mechanic. This time the belt was twisted up. My father said there are no grooves to hold it in place. The mechanic said this happens frequently to this make model and year. Hopefully I wont get stranded with my 3 children in the van. I also have the problem of the van cutting out at idle, however it has always restarted. I guess I can't expect too much from a 11 year old car.

- , Shrewsbury, PA, USA