1998 Dodge Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Nov 262006

98 Dodge Caravan, purchased from dealership: Security system locks up and will not allow the car to start. I was informed by an older mechanic that this problem was common to all Dodge with security systems built since 91. If this is so common why have they not fixed the problem at the source? I took my van in to the dealership for some minor bodywork, when I went to pick it up, it would not start. They tore it apart for two days and basically said, "gosh, I don't know what's wrong." I have been left stranded (15 minutes to 5 hours) about 15 times since I purchased the vehicle. In my job I Transport disabled clients so this is a serious problem.

- Billings , MT, USA