1998 Dodge Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

May 272004

While placing key in the ignition the vehicle failed to start. The driver had the vehicle towed to the dealer for inspection. The mechanic replaced the ignition switch due to worn parts. Please provide any additional information.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Apr 082004

Caravan 4-cyl

After starting my van, whether I have it in park, drive, neutral, or reverse, I am able to remove my key from the ignition. Also, if I am turning my van off, and I accidentally turn it to auxillary, I am still able to remove my key from the ignition. This isn't suppose to happen, is it?

- Lawrenceburg, IN, USA

Aug 122002

Consumer stated the ignition switch failed.

- St. Louis Park, MN, USA

Feb 282002

Consumer has been having problem with key not turning after it was put into ignition. She has to play with it for a long while.

- Ahmeek, MI, USA

Oct 291999

While driving at 65 mph with cruise control set smoke was coming from under the vehicle due to transmission being replaced. When consumer stopped vehicle. It wouldn't start back up.

- Mayville, WI, USA