$4,000.00

1. i payed to replaced trans ,p. steering pump, and t rod (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Caravan transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Caravan:

1999 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

May 122008

Caravan 3.3L

From my understanding Dodge has know about their transmission which is a problem / lemon and has not recalled it even though they are aware of the problem. I feel that the public should be notified of the problem with all their 1999 Dodge Caravans Transmission and their SUV and Trucks. Dodge is stealing peoples money by not recalling their Caravans, Trucks and SUVs with this major but costly problem and by making the consumer pay for the lemon which they manufactured and produced. I hope who ever reads this complaint steers far from a company such as Dodge and The Chrysler Corp. that produce nothing but lemons.

- , Poughquag, NY, USA

Jan 082004

Caravan

I have a well maintained 1999 caravan. I have had numerous problems with various parts(EEG sensor, brakes, belts, ...) while driving down the road, my transmission literally exploded. It was towed to the dealer. I had a rebuilt transmission put in and had to pay a $500 core charge because the transmission was so badly damaged that it could not be rebuilt. At the same time I had my rusted out power steering pump replaced and my t rod fixed. My bill was a staggering $4000!!! The rep from Chrysler Dodge was not helpful at all. He did insinuate that he has heard other complaints but was not willing to help out. What irritates me is that during the warranty period, I had my transmission serviced. Had I let it go it may have died and been covered under warranty. I apparently maintained my car too well as it's shotty parts expired after the warranty ended!! I will never buy a dodge again!

- , Stanlry, NY, USA