7.5

2. new compressor and heat exchanger (1 reports)
  3. replace condesner (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Caravan:

2002 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Apr 152008

Caravan

I had my van for not even a year before the A/C completely stopped working. This was a short time after having to have the transmission replaced. We had it looked at by a mechanic and was told that it may have a leak and could cost up to $1,800 to fix. I also own a Chrysler and have the same problem. I have had family members own this same van and have the same problem. I did want to purchase a Dodge Charger & Town & Country after our cars are paid off...but I am reconsidering at this point. Worst part is, we live in Florida and have 2 cars without A/C and it hit 97 degrees today with high humidity.

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 122008

Caravan SE

Help! I need this problem fixed at a reasonable price!!

- , Victoria, BC, Canada

Jun 292004

Caravan Grand

Grand Caravan has dual air conditioner. Units failed at 18 months, again at 20 months and now at 24 months. Mileage now at about 24,000. Dealer has made repairs always over night and no apologies and no cost so far. This last failure has smoke coming from under hood. Made it home by turning off all air. Have there been any series of failures reported?How do we get dealer to install new components before Warranty is up?

- , Florissant, MO, USA

Jun 202005

Caravan LE

The vehicle is little over 3 yrs old and about 40K mileage. I just cant believe the condenser got a leak/hole with in this short span of time. It has to be something to do with manufacturer and must provide a re-call service for this. A/c doesn't work because of this hole/leak

- , Macungie, PA, USA