2002 Dodge Caravan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Caravan:

2002 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Dec 012010

Caravan SE 3.3L

Much like my 1997 Caravan, my 2002 Caravan started to show signs of rust on the bottoms of the front seat brackets in 2009-2010. By 2014, it's pretty bad. They basically rust inside the metal bracket, and along where the bracket meets the carpet. Although annoying, I think the cause for it is simple. If you live in climate that sees snow/salty, your shoes will leave slush and salt on your carpet, making it damp....and because the winters are cold, the carpet never really gets a chance to dry. Salt collects along the bottom and voila....rust! I've since gotten a set of pricey molded floor mats with high sides to keep water from spilling onto the carpet. Hopefully that saves my new van's floor/seat.

Once these metal seat mounts start rusting, you pretty much can't stop them. I painted my 1997's, but the rust kept coming.

Happy with the van overall, but the rust issues are annoying. I do my best to keep my vehicles clean and rust free, but it's an uphill battle.

- , Sackville, NB, canada