4.0

2005 Dodge Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Caravan:

2005 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jul 172014

Caravan 6-cyl

As I was driving from the airport, before I just was about to get on the expressway, my speedometer was indicating that I was driving 90 miles per hour when I know for a fact that I was maintaining a speed of 35 miles per hour (keeping with the flow of other vehicles). My dashboard was a mass array of flashing lights. Speedometer was erratic going from 20 to 90. I then suddenly realized that my electrical windows failed to work as well as my doorlocks. I did not know what was happening nor what to expect. I was just praying that I would get home safely. This has happened since then with the speedometer (pretty scary). However, my electric door locks and windows fail to operate since that time. They're dead! nada, zilch!.I purchase this vehicle in Illinois and am so sorry that I did. My brakes locked up and my left rear tire was ruined from the tow onto the flatbed, where it was towed to my mechanic. This vehicle has some severe electrical problems.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA