4.0

2005 Dodge Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Caravan:

2005 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Apr 202007

Caravan

I have replaced the front brakes 3 times it only has 48,000 miles. This last time they lasted 6,000 miles. They devolep blue heat spots on the rotors. The repair shop said when Dodge took weight out of the front end they decreased the size of rotors. I have replaced the outer tierod twice. The repair shop stated Dodge reducing the weight in front end.

- Prospect Heights, IL, USA

Dec 292008

Caravan

There is premature wearing of brakes and rotors. If you go to this website you will see haw many people are having problems with the Dodge (grand) Caravan and Caravan brakes. It is horrendous. You can see this at www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Caravan/2005/brakes/brake_pads_wear_out_prematurely.shtml these should be recalled and people should get their money back. It is ridiculous I should have to get new brakes and rotors so soon in my vehicle. It only has 50K on it.

- Boulder, CO, USA

Mar 022007

Caravan 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Caravan. The contact stated that a dragging sound was heard when the brake was depressed. The dealer has not inspected the vehicle. The current and failure mileage were 16,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Oct 172006

Caravan 6-cyl

I have had to replace the airbag sensors or my airbags could have deployed! I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT. The brakes and rotors for this vehicle are bad to they have had to been replaced and this was costly!

- Coloma, MI, USA