2.5

2005 Dodge Caravan miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Caravan:

2005 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 142016

Caravan

Takata recall my heater resister has blown for the 4th time with in the 3 months time and it shouldn't of blown this many times was wondering if its a recall my E-mail is jhdowning@twc.com

- Galion, OH, USA

Aug 132013

Caravan 6-cyl

If the van is really low on gas and I fill it up completely, when I leave the station, by the first or second time I stop or really slow down the van will die. It must be filled completely though. I have been a couple places to get it checked out but can't find a problem. I try and make it die on me now before leaving the parking lot.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Oct 012009

Caravan

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with only 50000 miles on it. While driving the vehicle, the gauges on the dashbord will intermittenly start blinking off and on the speedometer bounces from left to right. The gas gauge bounces from empty to full. Sometimes the car's ignition kills while driving. The electronic doors will not open or close with using the remote or manually. I have also smelled smoke from time to time. I have researched this problem via the internet and have discovered that alot of people have this same complaint with there Dodge grandcaravan. In these vehicles the body control module seem to be the culprit. The failure occurs everytime I have driven the vehilce since 10/2009. I have my vehicle at a Dodge dealership who is fixing everything but the problem. I fill like I am being scammed. I am sure that this is not the first time that the dealership has seen this problem.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Jun 282009

Caravan

Today after I loaded up my family into my 2005 Dodge Caravan I started to drive off to head to the store. After driving a couple of feet I realize that I have a flat. While I was loosening the lugnuts so I could take off the tire, two of the bolts that held the tire in place snapped while they were still attached to the lugnut. I also noticed that was already a bolt that was missing from the drum. Therefore, now I only have 2 working bolts on the drum and both of them look pretty worn. The vehicle I have was purchased not even 2 years previous from a car dealership. I was also told by a friend of the family who owned a 2003 that they had the same problem with the bolts on their tire drum.

- Belle Chasse, LA, USA