7.6

1. replace front wheel bearings (9 reports)
2008 Dodge Caravan wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caravan:

2008 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

May 032012

Caravan SXT 4.0L

This is one of many problems Ive had from the Van.

Transmission went out at 40,000 miles just out of factory warranty, Chrysler paid half, still cost me $1,800.

now the Power folding seat sticks and won't unfold.

Brakes and rotors have to replaced every 20,000 miles, rotors wear to fast to turn.

I wouldn't recommend a Dodge Van at this point.

- , Powell, TN, USA

May 182010

Caravan SXT Chrome 4.0L

Wheel Bearings should last longer than that. Just get everything out of warranty than it starts falling about. disappointed with dodge at the moment for using inferior parts in their automobiles . for the price you pay they should use more reliable parts.

- , Lafe, AR, USA

Sep 052011

Caravan SXT 3.6L

Had my first driver front wheel bearing go out with 62,000 miles, cost $412.00 to fix. Mechanic said he thought he could possibly hear the passenger front wheel bearings going bad also. We went on a trip and put about 4000 miles on the car. When we got back I knew the sound it was making was the same as when the driver side front wheel bearing went bad. You guessed it, another $422.00 to fix this one. Have had to replace the front brakes also at about the 50,000 mile mark. I'm going broke trying to keep this car going. Don't think I will ever buy another one.

- , Lowell, IN, USA

Aug 082010

Caravan 3.3L

its was really bad, a lot of noise. it was as if the wheel was falling off. took it the mechanic said it was the right wheel bearing hub. left the van and $210.00 dollars later its was fixed. no more noise, drives great

- , El Paso, US:TX, USA

Jan 012011

Caravan V6

Have new brake pads on front twice. New brake pads on rear.We had Dodge dealer to replace brake pads the first time and they didn't last two years.We had our own mechanic to fix front brakes the second time. He also fixed the rear brakes.$246.00 out of our pocket. for front not sure about rear ones. At 42000 miles front wheel bearings went out that was $508.88 out of our pocket. We are utterly disgusted with this lemon.Right after we had new brake pads put on the first time trere was a recall but we got no reimbursement.You could not even give me another dodge of any kind.

- , Windom, TX, USA

Feb 102011

Caravan XST 3.8L V6

I have owned this van for one year and have had three recalls on different problems so far. I bought it with 33,000 miles on it and now at 50,000 the front wheel hub bearing on driver side is going out. The warranty ran out at 36,000 miles and for the price of these vans the warranty should be better on the drive line system. I bought a new Kia and it has better warranty than this higher priced vehicle. I asked about warranty but the dodge dealer ship said there is no warranty now. To repace the hub bearing the part at auto store alone is close to 200.00 dollars. If they only last this long they need to check in why they are going out so fast. For a sealed bearing it should last longer than this.

- , Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Nov 012010

Caravan SXT 3.8L

Wheel bearing started to fail on my ’08 caravan just after 40000 miles. Spent several months dealing with the noise expecting the repair would not be covered under warranty. The manufacture warranty expired a few thousand miles earlier. Cursing Chrysler every step of the way. Shortly after 44000 miles I had the work done to replace both the left and right wheel bearings. The mechanic told me that Chrysler updated the wheel bearing replacement recommendations suggesting replacing in pairs which is unusual.

After the repair I contacted Chrysler to complain about the poor quality of their vehicle. They told me they would reimburse me for the replacement parts but not the labor which is the largest of the two. In my opinion a halfhearted attempt on a repair I should never have had to deal with in the first place.

- , Troy, MI, USA

Jun 012010

Caravan LX

A couple of months ago I notice this awful helicopter sound. The caravan was pulling slightly to the right, but nothing too noticeable. However, I noticed that there was also a rumbling sound and vibration underneath my feet. The faster my vehicle went, the louder it became. I thought it was the tires, or perhaps a band had broken in the tires. I decided to take it to the dealership just in case it was something worse. The bearing was actually sawing through my hub/axle! The dealership did not have the parts and chose to have us keep the vehicle there. Under warranty we were allowed to have a rented vehicle, however I was planning on making a trip to my parents. If I would of taken the vehicle up to New York, my family and I could of suffered a severe accident.

- , Seaford, DE, USA

Jan 052010

Caravan

Right front wheel bearing went out around 47,000, now at 56,000 the left one is going out. At first we thought it was tires making the noise. So we put new tires on. That didn't make a difference, still the same roaring noise while driving. Took it to mechanic and they discovered the bad wheel bearing.

- , Kingsley, IA, USA