2009 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Caravan:

2009 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 152012

Caravan V6

My dealer is looking into this problem for the last 4 weeks and I have to o back and forward to solve this problem, I don't feel at all comfortable driving the car it shut down every time that I'm in a stop and sometimes while I'm driving, is really stupid been in a highway with no power. Talk to the dealer and ask about a recall about the engine and the answer is WELL I DON'T KNOW AND WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR ENGINEERING TO SEE WHAT THEY SAID, last week answer was WE NEED A CODE YOU HAVE TO WAIT THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO.

The solution to my problems is zero to noon, I use the vehicle for a living, as a home inspector I relay in my car 100% the only option that I have is to rent a car and pay it my self coz there is nothing Chrysler can do until they find the problem.

It cost me 40 dollars a day the rental and no one knows how many days it will take to fix this problem. I'm been asking service what are my options and no answer at all this is really NOT THE BEST SERVICE I COULD EVER HAVE and later they are wonder how come the government have to bail them out.

Like they said they have to go by the book and the book is not going to help them at all any time soon

- , Whitby, Ontario, canada

Aug 122009

Caravan EX 3.2L

This issue has occurred 10 times throughout owning the van...and it is very dangerous and Dodge cannot seem to fix it! I cannot be the only one having this issue! I would like all of us to get together and find a solution before someone is killed...It is very dangerous!

While going 40 miles an hour and no power....the engine just shuts off.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Dec 152010

Caravan 3.2L V6

My 2009 Dodge caravan shut off while driving approx. 45mph on a 2 lane highway I was almost hit!!!Dodge is telling me the problem happens intermittently and the computer resets itself so they can not find a code. Why isn't dodge recalling!!!!! People are going to get very hurt or killed if this isn't fixed!!!

- , Colton, OR, USA