1.4

2010 Dodge Challenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Challenger:

2010 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Challenger

26,000 miles and now my ac compressor is grinding and I have no air... have not had the problem until I took it to the dealer for timing belt recall..still have not had word on airbags either"?"

- Guyton, GA, USA

Jun 202016

Challenger

Air vent door motors not opening and closing properly blowing hot air one side and cold air other side. Making noise under dash. Repair shop stated that the malfunction is the door blower motor vent control temp, vents motors came apart which means the whole under carriage needs taken out including center console. Research show a on going problem with this model. This has happen twice and is very costly.

- Arizona City, AZ, USA

Aug 152014

Challenger

Driving down road alone with no other cars passing sunroof exploded into a million pieces.

- American Falls, ID, USA

Jun 172015

Challenger

It was observed that a gas smell was noticed while in my car when parked in the garage and threw out my vehicle cabin. After a day or so I called the Dodge dealership and requested to bring it in due to a strong gas vapor smell coming from my vehicle. They say it is not a problem. Had my fuel system replaced and still have the same problem. I feel I am driving a car bomb and am just waiting for it to explode. I feel that the company has no respect for the people who buy their cars.also while driving on my way home doing about 60 mph in the right lane on the expressway and the car completely shutdown, the engine light came on, I couldn't even steer the car, the steering wheel locked up, breaks locked up, had to let the car coast into the emergency lane, luckly there weren't any cars in front or behind me. Which could have been fatal. While in the emergency lane put the car in park turned off their ignition, turned on the ignition put the car in drive and the car wouldn't move, put it back in park turned the ignition off again, started it again put in drive. But still kept staling had to have it put on a trailer and hauled back to dealership. They still could not find anything wrong with it. No codes would show up and they wouldn't do anything unless a code showed up. Deathtraps are what these are.

- Funk, NE, USA

Sep 152011

Challenger 8-cyl

The vehicle stalled after braking at around 15 mph. The vehicle was able to be restarted, but unable to shift into gear. As mentioned by many others, this is a severe safety risk and needs to be looked into. My vehicle was towed to dealer and an ECM flash was conducted, but I am afraid of this issue reoccuring like so many others.

- Greenville, SC, USA

May 182010

Challenger

Steering column loud snap pop. Steering column reinforcement beam cracked, included, broken.

- Oreland , PA, USA

Aug 312010

Challenger 8-cyl

Had been driving the car for approx. 1.5 hours, approached a red light and traffic in front of me had stopped abruptly forcing me to make a fast stop. Not a full force stop but a quick reaction/sudden stop. Then my car stalled out and the oil light came on. I put it in park and restarted the car. It started right back up. I put it in drive but it hesitated to move for approximately 3-5 seconds, then took off. The car had approximately 2000 miles on it. Currently it has almost 3000 miles. This had happened once before this incident also as I was slowing down to make a left hand turn onto the street I live on. Same thing, car restarted right up. That was with about 1000 miles on the car. I have an appointment with the dealership to see if they can detect something. However, I've read on some forums that it has been happening to these cars quite a bit in automatics 5.7 and 6.1 motors. My fear is that me or a member of my family, as well as some unsuspecting other driver will run into either my back end or from the side if stalls again while making a turn across oncoming traffic. Thank you.

- Newfield, NJ, USA