2.9

2011 Dodge Challenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Challenger:

2011 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Aug 192016

Challenger

The electrical system on this vehicle shuts the vehicle down when the battery isn"T strong enough to support the computer. This happens while driving. Causing loss of steering and control of the vehicle. The traction control shuts off and because the engine shuts down the power steering is gone and the power brakes. This happened to me coming around a sharp corner of an off ramp. I lost all control of the vehicle and almost went off the road. I called the service dept. Of my dealership and they told me this is common when the battery charge isn't powerful enough to sustain the computer. But there are no warning signals or anything within the car to tell you the battery is low. I did a system check when I pulled over and the system said "ok". I feel this is a serious safety issue. Some one can seriously be hurt or killed.

- Throop, PA, USA

Jun 162015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Challenger. While driving approximately 5-10 mph, the contact noticed a burning odor and the ABS and oil warning lights illuminated. The vehicle stalled and was not able to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 21,400.

- Valley, AL, USA

Jun 142015

Challenger

ABS light on dash just appeared along with esp/bas, ABS, brake, traction lights.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 222015

Challenger

My wife an I were on the interstate when the first incident happened, running 70mph, the instrument panel blinked and all instruments went down the car shut down, there wasn't any electrical to anything. I guess being a manual, it started back up automatically. The second incident was when we were on our way home we decided to take a different way home because this had happened, it therefore happened again same problem but we were running 57. We stopped at a sonic shut the car off, when we started it back up it sound like it was starting out of time, the same thing happened to us again the closer we got home. The car is parked and has not been moved.

- Oak Grove, LA, USA

May 302014

Challenger 6-cyl

On May 30th I was heading home after a log days work when I noticed that the battery light had turned on, thinking it was just the battery needing to be recharged I kept driving. Minutes after the check engine(mil), brake (parking brake?), ABS, esp bas, traction control lights came on and guess what happens next!" I lose my ability to steer and brake my vehicle going 60 on the highway! luckily I lived 8min away from my place at the time and managed to get to my home with no power steering on braking ability! so I went to autozone and bought myself a battery because it was tested as a bad battery it was installed on my car & it turned on as normal, until I actually drove my car to school the following morning, set it on park & smoke started coming out of my alternator. Knowing how much a alternator for my car costs I saved enough money to buy a aftermarket alternator so I went to autozone to buy one and the gentlemen told me that it gives him the option to order one but when he does they don't have any because since the car is new the only I could get is the manufactured alternator which they sell for $545 and are on back order!? really Dodge really" it took me a month to set aside money for what I thought I could buy a alternator and come to find out you're the only ones that sell it, shame on you guys! I'm father a hard worker and a student at uti and you guys don't allow anyone to sell your alternators. Doesn't make any sense being that you're on back order. This could've ended way worse when I was on the highway. If you're reading this and have the same problem, please submit a complaint as they will eventually see a trend about this and hopefully recall these bad alternators that denso manufactures.

- Dallas, TX, USA