2011 Dodge Challenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Challenger:

2011 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Aug 212016

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Challenger. When the vehicle was filled with fuel, the contact smelled fuel fumes inside the cabin. In addition, the vehicle leaked fuel from under the vehicle next to the rear passenger tire. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 46,959.

- Falling Waters, WV, USA

Jul 222016

The passenger side fuel pump has developed a small hole and is leaking fuel into the interior of the vehicle. The cabin smells of gasoline after being parked for 5+ minutes. Only occurs at higher than 3/4 tank of gas

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Fuel leak by rear passenger tire. Leaks when car is parked and off. Pressure from heat outside or engine running. Dodge dealer pushed appt. Out 2 weeks. Took vehicle to own mechanic and it was found to be leaking from secondary fuel pump on the top of it.and fuel leaked in transit and constantly in driveway.

- Roosevelt, NY, USA

Jan 142016

For some reason when the vehicle is filled with gas something underneath the back seat is leaking to where it causes a puddle of gas under the back seat and also drips a puddle outside the vehicle near the rear passenger tire. In all my years of owning vehicles never had gas leaks. I called dealer and they said they've never heard about but I looked it up online and there are hundreds of people with the same issue. Most are speaking of it leaking near the exhaust. I'm not the one to complain but I'm just speaking on something I know is not right! the odor is very strong inside the vehicle and any gas leak on the outside of the vehicle can't be safe. Thanks

- Greenwell Springs, LA, USA

Jun 222016

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Challenger. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed fuel leaking underneath the vehicle around the location of the fuel tank. In addition, there was fuel leaking and the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the O-ring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed, that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,000.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Oct 092015

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Challenger. While refueling the vehicle, the contact noticed an odor of fuel. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that there was a fracture at the top of the fuel tank on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. The contact stated that the fracture resulted in fuel leakage at the fuel pump. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Anadarko, OK, USA

Oct 052015

My tank has to be leaking because I removed my back seat and found gas. Recently took it to the dealership because of a chl and the gas smell and they claim they could not find the location of the gas smell. They told me I may need to replace the canister in which they would gladly do for $$$$. I did some research online and the gas was under my seat. I'm afraid for my wife and son.

- Albany, GA, USA

Oct 022013

Challenger 6-cyl

In early October 2014 I started smelling gas fumes inside my vehicle. I took the vehicle to a local repair shop. It was determined that my fuel tank had a factory defect where the fuel pump locking tabs were molded into the tank. The leak was around the seam where attached. This is directly under the rear passenger seat on top of the fuel tank where it would have been impossible to have been hit by anything. The tank was leaking fuel on to the exhaust system at the rear of the vehicle. We were very lucky that there was no fire. I approached Dodge on more than 4 occasions to recover the cost of repairs which were $1,736.05. I have been refused each time. They are aware that the tank is defective as I have sent documentation and pictures to show them. I have asked for the name of the vender who made the tank and have been refused. This is a defect in manufacturing! the tank is available for inspection. I need help to recover my cost for someone's faulty product. I have owned automobiles for 48 years and have never had to replace a fuel tank until now.

- Dalton, GA, USA