2.7

2012 Dodge Challenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Challenger:

2012 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Feb 272016

Challenger

Driving and the power surged, all lights came on, none of my gauges worked and steering felt extremely loose. Have been waiting since last summer to get this fixed L. and now two months since it finally went South and have still been waiting. Wonderful job by the company.

- Ridge, NY, USA

Mar 222015

Challenger

About 2.5 miles from home, my car began to make a humming/whining sound when I would push on the accelerator. I began to panic and called my dad using the U-connect bluetooth hands free system. About 1 or 2 minutes into the call, I lost power to the radio. Then the ABS light and the stability control lights began flashing on and off. The odometer stopped reading my speed and all needles on the dash spiked then fell flat showing no readings at all. As I continued to roll down the hill, I started to smell melting/burning. I tried to roll down the window and hand no power. The car finally died when I pulled into my neighborhood to enter the gate code. My car then blocked the entire entrance to complex until I could get it towed. There was an alternator recall I was not made aware of, yet the dealership had it noted on my account. (thanks for telling me.) and then the battery was so corroded that I needed to replace the battery, positive cable, and rewire. The alternator costs were covered but I am out almost 1200$ on the rest.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Dec 292014

Challenger 6-cyl

Driving to work. Car starts to make a whining noise then the ABS and stability control lights come on, I drive the car up the road a little more and the radio turns off and the gauges start to move erratically and then the car just died, completely in the middle of the road, when the hood was raised you could clearly smell something burning. Car taken to the dealership where I am told that the "parts to provide a permanent remedy for this condition are not currently available". I was told by the dealership that the alternator would be replaced with a new one but it would fall into the same category as the recall. I got the car home and while reading the repair paperwork realize that the alternator was not replaced just "repaired and replaced". very upset and scared to drive this vehicle! not to even mention how upset about being lied to by the dealership. Could go on and on about this bad experience!!

- Haleyville, AL, USA

Nov 182014

Challenger 6-cyl

Driving on a main street - all console started to blink and vehicle went dead. No control over the vehicle. Pulled off to the shoulder. Tried starting it and nothing. Called aaa and they tried jumping my car and he told me the same - car is dead and said that my alternator is fried.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 252014

Challenger 6-cyl

Was driving home when the battery light appeared then the ABS and traction control lights started flashing. I got home turned the car off and was not able to start it again. Took the battery in for recharge and then took the car to the auto parts store and test the alternator. The alternator went bad.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 252014

Challenger 6-cyl

I had observed a whining sound for several weeks before the incident. It was like a power steering pump without any fluid in it. I tried to listen under the hood to locate the sound but it seemed like it was coming from low in the engine bay on the left side, looking at it. My wife left for work and as she pulled off, the noise was very loud and worse than before. I hoped she was going to be alright and make it to work. She called me just as she was getting to work, when the vehicle ABS and traction control indicators lit up along with a constant alarm chime. She was able to park and call me. I left home to go there. I started the car up when I got there and all was normal until I started to take it to the dealer. On the way, there was an intermittent alarm chime. I rolled down the windows during the ride to listen for noises. As I approached the dealer and parked, the ABS and traction control lamp lit up as well as some chiming. I tried pushing the traction control switch with no result. I tried to roll up the windows but they would not work. As I was getting ready to shut the car off, the engine died. The service tech was right there and asked what happened. I said I had an electrical problem. He checked me in and got the tablet out to read the error log in the car. He said I had an alternator failure. When they checked the car in and were trying to move it, the battery had died and they jumped it to get it going. I asked about another noise and said it was the water pump.

- Newport News, VA, USA