2014 Dodge Challenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Challenger:

2014 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Nov 212014

Challenger

The contact owned a 2014 Dodge Challenger. While driving 20 mph, another vehicle crashed into the driver's side of the contact's vehicle. The contact was trapped inside the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained multiple injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000. The VIN was not available.

- Louiville, KY, USA

Aug 042015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Challenger. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into the front passenger side of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The front seat occupant sustained injuries to the head and left knee that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic for exterior body damage repairs. There was severe front end damage to the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 262015

Challenger

I was involved in a car crash where I did not have time to apply the breaks before hitting another car. The car made a sudden left turn in front of me and I T-boned the car at a rate of about 45mph. At he time of the crash my airbags did not deploy, so I contacted Chrysler about this, and the sent a investigator to look at my car. In a letter they said, the conclusion of the investigation is that the rate of deceleration necessary to activate the air bag system was not present during the accident. How much damage do you have to do to the front of a Challenger in a crash for the airbags to work. There is over $12000 in damage to my car, not to mention the thousands of dollars in medical bills I have along with thousands of dollars in lost wages. I no longer feel safe driving this car once it is repaired, and no longer want to own a Chrysler product.

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA

May 202015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Challenger. While driving approximately 25 mph, another vehicle lost control and crashed into the front driver side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back and leg injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000.

- Magnolia , MS, USA

May 092015

Challenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that the vehicle crashed into a pole causing significant damage to the front end. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the neck, back, and knees. Medical attention was received and a police report was filed. The extent of the damage to the vehicle was not yet determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Memphis , TN, USA

Mar 052015

Challenger 6-cyl

I was at a red light, when it turned green I slowly started to go. My windshield was fogging up and a saw a little bit of smoke. Before I knew it my airbags deployed and I hit the car in front of me. Driver airbag and the passenger airbag deployed. I was the only person in the vehicle.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Apr 152014

Challenger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the contact swerved to avoid another vehicle and crashed into a gate. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back, neck, and shoulder injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Richmond, CA, USA