2015 Dodge Challenger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Challenger:

2015 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Apr 152015

New 2015 Dodge Challenger purchased with 67 miles on it. Vehicle experienced "stuck" RPM's at 23 and 51 mph. Hard shifts. Hard transitions. Shuttering in the transmission. Inability to shift out of 3500 RPM while accelerating onto the highway. I was at a dead stop attempting to get into the highway lane [no onramp area to merge] and the car only went to 51 mph and would not accelerate any more. The transmission stayed at 3500 RPM. I had a passenger take a video of the issue with my camera phone to show the dealership the issue. Rally mode is even worse. Another car on has the same issue, same model, same year. I have not even made my first payment on it to Chrysler capital. I have an open "star" case with Dodge customer care and I have gone through two case managers already. The case manager as of today told me, that they are going to tell the dealer to drop the transmission and check the valve body for excess wear or other issues. The car has been at the dealer 3 times in the the 4 weeks I have assumed control/leased the car. This last time will make 9 days at the dealer. There is a systemic issue with these vehicles. Side note.mid dash vent clicks--refuses to close. Another dealership ordered the part for that--electrical issues all around with the 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT.

- West Haven, CT, USA