2016 Dodge Challenger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Challenger:

2016 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Jul 112016

The contact rented a 2016 Dodge Challenger. While driving 70 mph, there was an abnormal noise coming from the front of the vehicle. The contact stated that the vehicle became uncontrollable and pulled to the right. The contact was unable to regain control of the vehicle and crashed into a concrete barrier. The vehicle spun around several times and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact inspected the vehicle and noticed that the upper control arm fractured and separated from the vehicle. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the face and lost several teeth, but medical attention was not required. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 6,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Apr 292016

I bought this car and after I signed the papers they let me inspect it. I saw some rust on the joints and screws that held the tires. They said it was surface rust. I took it home and examined it closed. I found that the rust is very extensive. It included the metal that held the tire to the car and it goes deep. The rust flaked off in my hand. I took the vehicle back the next morning. They told me I could exchange it for a similar vehicle but that all of them had the same rust. I took pictures of some of the rust. I told them to keep the car and I stopped payment on the check. I then went to the dealer in Ontario and I found the same extensive rusting on all of their Challengers. I believe the defect lies with Dodge and Chrysler. Why are they allowed to sell new vehicles with extensive rusting to the public? I did some research and found that they have been having rust problems since at least 2007. I also found that many owners do not find the rust as soon as I did and they suffer because Dodge has denied responsibility. I think there should be an investigation and a recall to fix these problems. I feel bad for everyone who bought these cars without knowing about this defect. I took some pictures.

- Highland, CA, USA