2.0

2006 Dodge Charger drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Oct 212008

Charger

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger, purchased in cleveland oh in October/November 2005. I had issues with my vehicle starting in the beginning of 2006. I initially noticed that my transmission clutch was slipping and that my vehicle would not shift into gear. I took the vehicle into the dealership in September 2006 O find that the transmission clip had to be replaced. Then another issue, that has yet to be resolved, began to emerge in early 2007. I noticed that the vehicle would rumble as if was preparing to shut off, usually when I was coming to a stop. Additionally, my vehicle would at times seem to be stuck in idle when I was trying to accelerate. My vehicle has been in the dealership repair shop 5 different times for this issue. I was told twice that the computer chip needed to be reprogrammed. Two other times I was told the issue was related to brake issues and that my brakes needed to be replaced. I am filing this complaint because my vehicle is currently not under warranty, meaning a service charge everytime I take it in, and once again the issue has gone to the point where I need to take it one more time. I have contacted the manufacturer twice on this issue, once in 2007 and again recently, to no resolve. I have talked to one other Charger (2007)owner who indicated they have a similar issue. The issue only occurs periodically, but prevents me from traveling long distances in my vehicle for fear of irreparable damage. I feel as my last option is to file this complaint.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jul 012007

Charger

1.multi cylinder misfires, resulting in the inability to accelerate, rough idle and engine failure. 2. approximately every 4 to 6 weeks and 3 times over the last 2 weeks. 3. service to the vehicle 10 times, replacing shift module, valve keepers, combustion chamber cleaning (twice), cam seal, rocker arm, both exh., rocker rails and pedestals.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA