2006 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Dec 082014

Charger

I was driving at night and my car lights went out. The car just died on me in the middle of the street. This car is not safe to drive. Dodge should fix this issue before someone is killed.

- Fort Knox, KY, USA

Dec 052014

Charger

Car locked in park in the driveway. While driving in the rain all the dash lights flickered for 2-3 seconds then all lights and gauges shut down this included the headlights as well. While driving 55 miles per hour the car shut itself off I was in heavy traffic at the time. Car is now at the dealership again they cannot find the problem. I still have the same problems with dash lights flickering and the car stopping. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but the car will also surge forward at a high rate of speed like I have stepped on the gas but my foot would be on the brake. This has happened several times and it scarers me to death. These are safety issues that need to be corrected by the manufacture. Dealerships are aware of these issues and have done nothing to correct the problems. This will be the last Dodge I purchase even though I like to buy american made. An investigation should be done with so many complaints. I will be calling detroit with these issues.

- Concord, NC, USA

Sep 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer; however, the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 113,000.

- Rileyville , VA, USA

Nov 152014

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. While driving approximately 15 mph and approaching a stop sign, the headlights flashed off and on and a pop sound emitted from the brake pedal. The contact attempted to accelerate, but an abnormal sound emitted from the rear tires and smoke appeared. Also, the ABS light illuminated and the power steering and power brakes failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Turlock, CA, USA

Oct 282014

Charger

2006 Dodge Charger R/T daytona. I noticed a lurch in the vehicle yesterday as I was coming home from work as well as the speakers turning off/on. This morning as the vehicle was idling at a stop light, the dashboard turned off, vehicle chimed and all gages went to zero, but the vehicle was still running and was able to accelerate without displaying any indication on gages. After about 10-15 seconds, gages returned to normal as if the vehicle had restarted. Happened twice within 20 min while vehicle was idling in traffic. Never did it seem that the engine had shut down.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Apr 182014

Charger

All of the lights light up and the needles move up/down on the dashboard intermittently for like 3-4 seconds and normally does this twice consecutively and this appears to happen randomly.

- Oakland Park, FL, USA

Jul 282014

Charger

My car was using way too much gas compared to what it used to and was running poorly so I took it in for a tune up. The filters, plugs, fluids, etc. Were done. About two weeks after the tune up I began to have trouble. At first I thought it was the shop that had done the tune up but after reading hundreds of letters from other people, I know now that it is the car. This is what happens: When I began to accelerate after stopping at stop sign, my car lost all power and died within two blocks of the stop sign. The car started up and seemed fine. Approximately a week and a half later, again, I was accelerating from a stop sign and the car stalled about 4 blocks from the stop sign. This continued to happen intermittently until september15, 2014, when the car died when I was approaching the stop sign and had to be towed. I have 5 grandchildren that I Transport daily and this car is just not safe to do so anymore. Thank goodness I have not gone out of town with a car load of children and have this happen.

- Tucumcari, NM, USA

Apr 072014

Charger

Since 4-7-14 thru 7-16-14 the dealership has replaced two fuel tanks ( according to extended lifetime coverage letter dated May 8,2014), O2 sensor, transmission module, spark plugs, ignition coils and disconnected the remote starter. The car continues to stall and shutoff.

- Medford, NY, USA

Aug 172014

Charger

I learned about the fuel tank warranty and will be getting that repaired, but my issue is at 75 to 100% throttle my car will stall out. But my car starts back up on its own like nothing ever happened. When it stalls it throws you forward like the car is braking and then when it fires back up you can hit the throttle and it will go as normal

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Aug 182014

Charger

I was driving down the street it was night and my lights completely went out I couldn't see it still doing it at night going off

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 012014

Charger 8-cyl

2006 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to faulty ignition switch. The consumer stated the vehicle had a transmission leak, and it shuddered, the sun roof rattled and the side trim fell off. A former transmission specialist, informed the consumer, the condensation drain for the air condition dripped onto the transmission and pooled around the transmission filler tube. When the vehicle reached a 140,000 miles, it began emitting white smoke, to the point where the consumer was unable to see out of his rear view mirror. An inspection revealed the valve seat of the #3 cylinder had dropped out, smashing two large holes one on each side of the piston, the size of a quarter. There was also a hairline crack across the apex of the piston hole-to-hole, the debris had pummeled the cylinder head. Also, debris from the damage had been sucked back into the inlet manifold depositing metal chunks into the #1 and #2 cylinders damaging the pistons and heads with small chunks of metal embedded in them. Updated 08/28/14

- West Covina, CA, USA

Nov 042013

Charger 8-cyl

This vehicle has been flawless since purchased new in 2006. In Nov. 2013 it stalled when backing out of the garage. Restarted vehicle and was fine for 5 miles then stalled again. Ever since then the problem has increased in frequency and almost caused multiple accidents due to the vehicle stalling when crossing intersections or merging onto highways. I have not driven this car in months due to this as it is not safe for me or other drivers on the road. I have spent close to $2,000 in multiple attempts to fix this vehicle following repair manual procedures via the dealer. I have had the PCM, replaced twice (first one was defective right out of the box), tcm replaced, battery replaced, throttle body replaced, map sensor replaced, asd relay replaced and spark plugs replaced with zero improvements. I used to enjoy this vehicle and now it is a death trap with the way it is behaving. Something needs to be done as there are tens of thousands of these vehicles on the road exhibiting the same symptoms and dealer techs unable to properly diagnose and repair them.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Mar 142014

Charger 8-cyl

We were driving on the freeway and we slowed down for traffic. We were going about 25 miles an hour when we got hit from behind. The car was going 40 to 50 miles an hour. The whole dash - stereo and etc came apart but neither the driver or passenger airbag deployed?? I just bought the car from a dealership in September 2013 so everything should have been in working order.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jan 172014

Charger 8-cyl

Car will stall at idle or when starting to accelerate car will cut off by it self and then restart.

- Hutto, TX, USA

Feb 202008

Charger 8-cyl

You can be driving down the road, and every thing N the vehicle will shut off like you turned the key off, and be traveling at speed and speedometer go to 0 all gauges interior lights dash cluster I mean off, and come back up like you just got in and turned the key but speed comes tach comes back up all your dash lights prestart light up, oil tire pressure all your computer test safety warning lights and door ding, it might do it 5 or 6 times sometimes stay off longer come back for a while and its done it 20 30 times and the motor still running and I believe lights still working, 1 time I was leaving work and used the manual shift mode and she stumbled and just laid down went quarter mile it lit back up, that concerned me as well as the shut downs of all instrumentation, up N down and I don't get quite as concerned as the first 35 times, but wife driving it to work and it done it she wasn't feeling near as fuzzy as I had became and her boss had one same year same color gomango he told her his didit to, just wondering if some solution had come about out of quantity, cause I know how all of them are about fessing up and doing a recall to fix their defects in engineering problems despite the price we pay for a new one" and they still owe me door guards that changed colors a year after I bought it, looked bad, but just had got floor carpet that fit and couldn't see metal under dog house so I let um slide and this also they dismissed? oh and hell yea im mad about my 2004 Dodge dully dash breaking all to crap and the dam clear coat coming off looks like I over paid for that truck"

- Plainville, GA, USA

Jul 072013

Charger

While driving with cruise control on the car just stalled out for about 3-5 seconds and kicked back on. This has now become more frequent and also stalls while stopped now. I have spent over 1300$ trouble shooting and going back and forth to the mechanic. Only to start searching and came across this investigation. I just want the car to run correctly.

- Hauppauge , NY, USA

Jan 292014

Charger 8-cyl

Every time the vehicle gas tank is filled, the engine stalls shortly after driving away. It requires several cranks of the engine to get started again. After the engine is restarted, driving /idle is rough for some amount of time before returning to normal. This happens all the time. This is very dangerous as the car stalls on me in traffic and merging on to the freeway after filling up at any gas station.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Jan 232014

Charger 8-cyl

I was going down the high way and the car just shut off and then came back on like nothing happen they really need to recall this and it a hemi 5.7 daytona.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jan 162014

Charger

I had just filled my gas tank and pulled on to a busy road. As I approached the stoplight the vehicle just died. It did not start right back up, it took 3 different tries. This has now happened 4 times. All times were after I filled up at the gas station.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 062014

Charger 8-cyl

The car shut off completely while driving right after refueling and leaving the gas station. It shut off 3 more times after that.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA