5.2

2006 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Sep 302005

Charger

I have taken my car to the dealership 5 times to have issues fixed. Each time I got the car back, it was worse. I had 13 issues originally with the car. I ended up suing, and got a very small settlement- Dodge refused to cooperate. I still have each and every problem, and do not know what else to do. My car dies while in reverse, the brakes malfunction constantly, the window panel remains broken due to their inept work, the radio cuts off, the dash lights die @ night, etc. I would truly appreciate it if someone could actually help me. I do not know what else to do. I love my car dearly, but something needs to be done. The date I put as date of incident is when this all started.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012009

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. While test driving the vehicle, the contact noticed that one of the headlights was out. The dealer replaced the failed headlight. She later discovered that the turn signals were also inoperable. An independent mechanic found burned wires in the fuse box and electrical failure. No repairs were made at that time. On a separate occasion, the vehicle stalled and was towed to a dealer. The dealer stated that the wiring harness was defective and needed to be replaced at an estimated cost of $500. The failure mileage was 31,000 and current mileage was 32,000.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jul 312008

Charger 6-cyl

I have owned my 2006 Dodge Charger V6 3.5L ho, for almost 2 years now and in that time the car has had the same problems that the dealers can't fix or even know what to do. I would go to start the car and it would crank up, turn over then cut back off. It would do that about three times before starting after I turn the radio off. It has also had about a 30 second pause when starting the car, in which there would be no engine cranking, no noise... just the dashboard lights and nothing else. I had to turn the key three times before I got it to start. The absolute worst is the car idles down like it wants to shut off while stopped in everyday traffic not to mention the previous 2 I stated before, happens in spurts. Its been back to the dealership several times and I was told that the computer was returning "no codes" so they don't know what the problem is. They have tested the battery, ignition and they were all fine.

- Bergenfield, NJ, USA

Jun 102007

Charger 6-cyl

The 20'06 Dodge Charger had less than 32,000 miles on it, and while driving one day I stepped on the accelerator to merge onto interstate 5 during rush hour traffic and the car stalled. Momentarily, the check engine light came on, I stepped on the gas and it did it again and then it resumed power. I took vehicle to the dealer, and they said they couldn't find anything wrong, but on the paper work it stated that the cause was a software issue, 108 inspect and flash PCM to latest software version. I took it home, and it has done it 5 more times, 3 times in one afternoon. I have taken it to the dealer twice for the same stalling problem, and they told me that they have done all the they could. We have refraimed from driving the 1994 vehicle because we no longer felt safe driving it.

- Lacey, WA, USA

Jun 142007

Charger 6-cyl

While waiting at a red light yesterday afternoon, the car simply died while in drive for no apparent reason. Once I got it re-started, the transmission violently shifted into drive from park. Unable to duplicate since then.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 122007

Charger 8-cyl

Vehicle stalls without warning and has not been able to be repaired or " duplicated" what will it take to fix this problem" a serious traffic accident" I don't think so.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Jul 162006

Charger 8-cyl

Car stalls. Usually when coming to a stop but has stopped while driving on ta two lane highway in 120 degree weather. Almost got rear ended.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

Apr 072006

Charger 6-cyl

The car stops without warning while driving. No power to the gas pedal while the dashboard lights up with all warning lights. This has happened 3 times, once while driving on the highway. After 2nd time in shop within 2 weeks of buying car, the power control module was replaced. Daimler Chrysler assured me it would never happen again. It did and I am filing under the lemon law for a new car. The car was in the shop for 17 days out of the first 30 I owned it. It is going in again.

- North Andover, MA, USA

Aug 242005

Charger 8-cyl

I am about to file a lemon law complaint because Dodge has been "unable to duplicate" the most serious problems that have plagued my vehicle, a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, since day four of my ownership. I have owned this car for 68 days and of those, I have only been able to drive the functioning car for 19 days. They have fixed a number of minor issues and notified me that they would be unable to fix or do not know how to fix at this time, some minor issues including the air conditioning compressor problems (which they say they have also been "unable to duplicate". the serious issues that are occurring when it idles, when it accelerates and with what seems to be the suspension and possibly both the engine and transmission. Of those 68 days, they have come to pick up my car on three different occasions to try and fix it, the last time (which continues currently) they have had my car for four weeks. I happen to know (upon researching after the prolonged period they have had the car) that tsb's or technical service bulletins have been issued for every problem that is occurring with my car. Additionally, I have taken my car to two different mechanics (one Dodge dealership and one independent mechanic) that have witnessed these malfunctions. I would like to know what my options are legally for getting some kind of resolution.

- Groesbeck, TX, USA