2006 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Jul 202015

Charger

I have ordered the recalled part from the dealership on 20 July. I returned a call on 03 Aug. And was told that only a few parts were being sent to the dealerships per month. It is now 17 Aug and I have been on your hotline for an hour and a half. I live in a high humidity area, and I am very concerned that there is no regard to the safety issues of this vehicle. Perhaps the media would like the information for another story on how the manufacturers are failing the public.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Feb 152015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tinley Park, IL, USA

Aug 142014

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) was received in June of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 292015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 052015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part needed for recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount for recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Macon, GA, USA

Aug 152014

Charger

I was in route home and stopped to get fuel and proceeded on my route when my vehicle completely stalled with no use of breaks or steering available. In attempt to gain control of the vehicle I crashed into a ditch. End resulted in me with my insurance company totaling out my vehicle. I had no means of transportation and at complete loss of a vehicle that I finally was thru paying for!! I wish someone will help me and my family the loss of this vehicle took a great toll on my family! I contacted the dealerships and even lawyers!

- Wilmer, AL, USA

May 272015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. While driving at various speeds, the air bag light intermittently illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Reno, NV, USA

Jul 312015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wood Stock, GA, USA

May 112015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Rock Island , IL, USA

Jul 012015

Charger 8-cyl

2006 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to complete fuel tank and airbag recall notices. The consumer stated after filling the vehicle with gas, the vehicle would then stall. For the next year, the vehicle stalled occasionally. In may of 2014, the consumer received a notice regarding an extended warranty on the fuel tank. The consumer attempted to get the vehicle repaired numerous times, only to be told the parts were not available for the fuel tank or the air bag.....updated 09/08/15..updated 05/19/16

- Bunnell, FL, USA

Jun 232015

Charger 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/03/15 the consumer stated the dealer advised it would take at least 6 months before the vehicle could be repaired due to a lack of parts. Updated 12/16/2015

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 292015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rio Linda , CA, USA

Mar 132015

Charger

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Charger. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V817000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Jan 282015

Charger 6-cyl

I hit a deer at 75 mph. This caused major damage to my vehicle and engine. There was no airbag deployment. I ended up with neck/back injuries and bruising where I struck the steering wheel.

- Lipscomb, TX, USA

Dec 272014

Charger

Received safety recall for airbag- called dealership and was told Chrysler did not send parts. Dealership explained that they would contact me when parts arrived. One month has passed and no contact received from Chrysler or dealership. Should I be riding around in Florida humidity without repairing these airbags" what good is a recall if it is never repaired"

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Dec 012014

Charger 6-cyl

Although the recall has been issued, Chrysler has not released the replacement parts to any dealer in my area (central Florida). Further, the dealerships have no date by which they expect to receive the parts.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 122014

Charger 6-cyl

Air bag light stays on even though there has never been an accident. I don't think it will deploy correctly. It is truly a safety concern.

- Ft Worth, TX, USA

Mar 142014

Charger 8-cyl

We were driving on the freeway and we slowed down for traffic. We were going about 25 miles an hour when we got hit from behind. The car was going 40 to 50 miles an hour. The whole dash - stereo and etc came apart but neither the driver or passenger airbag deployed?? I just bought the car from a dealership in September 2013 so everything should have been in working order.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 302013

Charger

This issue started approx 3 weeks ago. The head lights will not stay on they flicker off and on as if I was flashing my lights to alert another driver, when they are actually doing this on its on. This is not only a safety issue, but I'm afraid I will get pulled over by law officials. And my job requires me to have to be at work at night. This is very disturbing when this happens and they stay off at times for 30 to 40 seconds at a time and I'm having to hold the bright light arm to have lights. The passenger airbag light comes on from time to time saying it is not on, and there are brake issues as well.

- Antioch , TN, USA