2007 Dodge Charger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 282013

Charger 8-cyl

My 2007 Dodge Charger cooling fan broke and busted the radiator I need to if and when it will be under a recall.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jun 202013

Charger 6-cyl

I have an 2007 Dodge Charger and I love my car. I got it in 2007 my first car I have ever had. One day I was on my way home going 50 mph and my car just slowed down on me and the stearing wheel got hard to turn. So I had to push it out of that road and call a towning truck to pull it in. After pulling it in I had it towed to a shop. The guy looked and it and called and told me tha engine was bad. He said it was strang that it happen because there was no reson showing why it should be bad. Because I kelpt the oil chaged got it servies like I should. So we got to looking online and see that there is a recall on tha engine and he said there is tha problem its with tha engine recall and not something I did because I did because tha car is in great condition. And I just want my car fix buy tha company. Because I prices evrything to get it fixed and it was $5600 and I dont have that kind of money.

- Downsville, LA, USA

Jun 102013

My wife was driving car in town and she heard a load pop from engine compartment.. noticed car was starting to heat up, stopped car from the smell and smoke from front of car. Pulled over and opened hood and noticed radiator had been damaged from the engine side. Once I got there noticed the big hole in radiator and one of the cooling fan blades had broken and damaged the radiator.

- Poteau, OK, USA

Mar 112013

Charger 6-cyl

I was on I-495 leaving long island NY, driving around 50-55 mph when my 07 Dodge Charger 2.7 liter turned off on the extremely busy freeway. Im usually in the fastlane, but this particular day I was traveling in the far right lane. So no damage was done. There are no warning indicators or warnings of this problem that occurs, before or after. There has also been numerous times that the vehicle has turned off while attempting to leave on a green light. That has almost caused me many rear end accidents. I have taken my car to many mechanics including the Dodge dealership and no one could seem to find the problem. There are many others on the Dodge Charger forum with the same problem, and feel the same dangers that could be caused if this problem is not fixed or at least identified. If all Dodge Chargers have this problem, it could cause many defect related accidents. There is no check engine warning and the car runs fine until it unexpectedly shuts off. I have spent over $800 for test and other wishful repairs with still no answer to fix the problem. Check the Dodge Charger forum. I didn't bother to sign up because there was no solution.

- Huntington Station , NY, USA

May 072013

Charger 8-cyl

This is regarding a 2007 Dodge Charger srt-8. the vehicle was functioning normally when I was suddenly unable to accelerate in stop and go traffic. The traction control and electronic throttle control (etc) warning lights illuminated and the vehicle began "sputtering" as I tried to accelerate. I exited at the next available off-ramp and came to a stop at which point the engine shut off and I was unable to start it again. I had it towed to the nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealership/service center and after about a week I was informed that the #2 cylinder had 0 psi compression. They said they had to open the engine to get further information as to why it had no compression. After opening the engine, they found that the valve seat for the #2 cylinder was warn and needs to be replaced. Given that this vehicle only has 70K miles on it, I believe this failure is premature. There were absolutely no signs of degradation in vehicle performance leading up to this incident. I use this vehicle to commute to work about 35 miles each way, everyday. I take very good care of the vehicle and service it regularly if not earlier than the recommended mileage/time.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Aug 012009

Charger 8-cyl

Vehicle has stalled out several times since my purchase. Vehicle was bought in 2009 with approximately 13500 miles on it. It stalled the first time about a month later. Since then it has stalled approximately ten times. Each time it occurs when slowing for a stop, or while actually stopped. The engine will shutter like it is being choked. It will then rev slightly and then cut off. This has occurred in different weather conditions and temperatures. Contact with local dealer has not produced any answers. They say the problem has to be replicated however it does not occur with any certain frequency. Several other related complaints can be found on the internet with no solution.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 102011

Charger 8-cyl

After filling up at a gas station, the car started stuttering and later on stalled at a red light in the city. Has become this way only after filling up the fuel tank completely, it will stutter and sometimes stall at complete stops. I have stopped from filling up completely to avoid this problem for approximately two years now. It is a 2007 Dodge Charger rt rwd.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Sep 012008

Charger 6-cyl

About 40K miles into owning the car I was driving on the highway and my car stalled out. Once I pulled over I was able to restart the car but with a check engine light now appearing. The car made it the rest of my destination but has not been the same since. That was 5 years ago. The check engine light comes on and off randomly. There appears to be little power left when trying to accelerate. When stepping on the gas the car responds but will idle down and feel close to stalling out even when trying to accelerate. I took to Dodge and they replaced a part that cost me $800 to fix (intake manifold tuning valve). Of course this did not fix the issue. The check engine light was of for about a month before it came on again. They did not want to help me out. I was told it could be another $1200 in repairs. I did not want to spend this much money as I do not have confidence that they have a resolution. The car has never performed any better. I have put less than 3K miles/year on the car for the previous two years. I have no confidence that my car would have lasted this long if my commute was longer or stop and go traffic was involved. I have to take my wife's much older car when I need to make longer commutes. I am very unsatisfied.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Aug 192012

Charger 6-cyl

My 2007 Dodge Charger was rendered inoperable when the engine cooling fan blades separated unexpectedly, causing severe damage to the radiator. This incident ultimately resulted in engine failure. When this incident was reported to the Chrysler group, the case manager was informed of a recall that addressed this same issue. Please refer to customer satisfaction notification L08 engine cooling fans. This notification cautions owners that the electrically powered radiator cooling fans on about 52,000 of the referenced vehicles (include 2007 Dodge Charger) may separate during fan operation and cause damage to the radiator. This exact failure occurred to my vehicle costing me in excess of $2000 but the Chrysler group refused to offer assistance due to the fact that my VIN fell outside of the range to the vins included in the recall and that my vehicle was out of warranty. I request that a the existing recall be expanded to all of the vehicles types listed within the 2006-2008 time frame instead of limiting to the 52,000 estimated in the notification. Updated 01/24/13

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 132012

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning while idling at a traffic stop. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and the dealer was unable to find a problem with the vehicle. The failure mileage was unknown, but the current mileage was 37,000. Updated 11/21/12 updated 12/3/2012

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Sep 162012

Charger 8-cyl

I was driving home along with my wife from running errands when my vehicle shut down while driving at 45mphs per hour. I called aaa to come and tow my vehicle. They did just that and the service-contracted towing company for aaa dropped my Dodge Charger rt off to the auto repair shop that I'm accustomed to going. The mechanic told me that the battery was drained heavily from the engine problem. So he took out the old battery I had and put in a new battery. Once he did that he tried to get the Dodge Charger rt to start but there was no luck. But eventually some electrical power was restored to a level in order for a diagnostic test to be performed. Once this mechanic completed the diagnostic test he told me that the codes he received are identical to the recall problems associated with the 2007 model of the Dodge Charger rt. He told me that the 2007 model for this vehicle had the most recall problems for the issue that I experienced which were engine problems. He said that the engine problems were the second most recalled issue after the transmission problems for this vehicle. He told me that I needed to investigate about getting a recall complaint made for this vehicle with the manufacturer (Dodge), because the engine problem justified the same recall issues that previous owners had with the model and year of this vehicle. Please help me because I was told that the manufacturer warranty expired.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

May 012008

Charger 6-cyl

Reverse went out in transmission. There was no warning of any sort. Had no idea that I even had any problems. Took vehicle to the dealership to be repaired under warranty. Was without my vehicle for almost a month while still having to make payments and find another way of getting around.vehicle was just over a year old. Got the vehicle back and the reverse went out in the transmission again as well as the rear main seal leaking. Took vehicle back to dealership for more repairs and was without my vehicle again for almost a month. Now, the motor is knocking and skipping and vehicle has less than 95,000 miles. These cars are lemons and I don't know how Chrysler corporation is getting away with this and I sure do not recommend anyone buying a Dodge. Wish I had never bought this vehicle and somebody needs to step up to the plate and make it right. Sad part is I am stuck with a vehicle that is going to need major engine repairs or engine replace and I still owe on the vehicle and of course there is no warranty left.

- Glen St Mary, FL, USA