1.6

2007 Dodge Charger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Sep 172015

Charger

Problem #1: one of the cooling fan blades sheered off and & flew into the radiator. I was at a complete stop and broke off when I started to accelerate. I replaced the broken blade (didn't have enough money to replace both) and radiator. About a year or less later the other fan blade sheered off (the one I didn't replace) and went into the radiator. This time also during accelerating after a complete stop. Deja vu. This time I had to replace the entire fan assembly (because the blades were on backorder) and radiator. When I went to the Dodge dealership they said there was a recall on the same blades but only the 2006 model. Problem #2: it is now loosing propulsion. The power stays on it just stops moving forward. I can put it in park & then back in gear and it moves, but barely. It isn't consistent but it is terrifying. I have googled possible issues and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problem and they have linked it to a bad PCM. I took it to a mechanic but of course it didn't do it while he had it. I have been told, by Dodge, that they are the only ones that can do a full diagnostic, that other devices only cover about 30% of the program. That alone seems unfair if not illegal. I cannot afford $110 just to find out what's wrong. My trunk light doesn't work either & even Dodge can't find out why. It's not the bulb, it's not the fuse, and the electrical connection is good. According to them. I have more images and receipts but can't figure out how to attach them.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Jul 112016

Charger

The car stopped in middle of freeway it moves in motion without feet on gas

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 132016

Charger

As I'm driving down the freeway in the fast lane the vehicle stalls. I'm able to maneuver across all three lanes of traffic to get on the shoulder and call aaa roadside. When the tow truck gets to my location he puts 2 gallons of gas in my tank and the vehicle starts right up. Meanwhile the gas gauge is showing a quarter tank. After looking up if this has happened to anyone else I came across numerous online posts stating that the same thing has happened to them as well. This is a huge safety concern as it can result in a very bad accident from losing power steering and power brakes as a result of the engine stalling out from fuel starvation and the gas gauge showing a quarter tank.

- Riverview, MI, USA

Jul 012015

Charger

Engine turns off when idling such as when stopped at a "stop sign" or "traffic light". auto dealership replaced both fuel pumps and have cleaned throttle housing but problem continues.

- Raymondville, TX, USA

Feb 102011

Charger 8-cyl

After filling up at a gas station, the car started stuttering and later on stalled at a red light in the city. Has become this way only after filling up the fuel tank completely, it will stutter and sometimes stall at complete stops. I have stopped from filling up completely to avoid this problem for approximately two years now. It is a 2007 Dodge Charger rt rwd.

- Aurora, IL, USA