1.7

2007 Dodge Charger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Sep 022016

Charger

07 Dodge Charger rt radiator cooling fan broke apart while car was in motion down city street at low speed. Car instantly overheated to danger zone cutting coolant hose causing a loss of coolant.

- Forsyth, GA, USA

Jul 192016

Takata recall.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Jul 112016

Charger

The car stopped in middle of freeway it moves in motion without feet on gas

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 282016

Charger

My 2007 Dodge Charger with 98,000 miles just threw a cooling fan blade through the radiator while the vehicle was in motion, leaving me on the side of a busy highway. I know this is a re-occurring issue because I am on the city council for a small suburb of houston and we had several police cars do the same thing. Since this is a known defect that could leave the driver broken down in a dangerous situation (inclement weather, late at night, bad part of town), I believe it should be recalled. The repair costs a little under $1,000 to replace the radiator and cooling assembly.

- Meadows Place, TX, USA

Sep 042015

Charger

Vehicle will not shift into gear and is stuck in park. This happened as I was preparing for family to come over labor day weekend. I've determined this is due to a broken shift interlock latch which is a common problem and a recall has been issued for. I contacted Dodge/Chrysler and was told that my 2007 Dodge Charger is not included in the recall though the issue is exactly the same and they informed me that it would need to be repaired at my cost and then if my vehicle is later included in a recall, I would be reimbursed. I've read of many Dodge owners experiencing this same issue where they have the exact issue but are excluded within the recall years. This needs to be corrected as their understanding of the scope is not capturing the complete spectrum. How do we get included into the recall? if Dodge/Chrysler will not stand behind their products, especially for a simple plastic part that breaks, then I certainly don't foresee myself ever buying another Dodge/Chrysler. Very disappointing and frustrating to say the least. Thank goodness there is a temporary work around in order to still be able to drive the vehicle. Lease help!

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 142015

Charger

This airbag light came on and has control over the air conditioning unit and also controls the defrost as well. This is unsafe condition because I live in a state where it rains really hard and I almost hit several cars from behind because I didn't have my defrost in the front or rear.

- Boligee, AL, USA

Jun 242015

Charger

The ignition switch assembly quit working and the car would not start. All other electrical components worked properly.

- Westbrook, TX, USA

Mar 312015

Charger

I was driving my 2007 Dodge Charger and my motor was lock-up. I did not know for sure till I took it to Dodge and I had to pay them for this service. Although they did tell me how much it would cost for another motor 8500 like really. Furthermore, the problem was the cooling system which gave no sign or warning til the engine lock-up. Therefore I purchased a use engine same year and model for my 5.7 hemi motor which Dodge refuse to give a warranty on but they make them. Sad. I bought a new radiator clean/flushed my cooling system. Now the same thing happened to the motor I just was able to put in same problem cooling system. Please help or let me trade my car in. I honestly think Dodge should recall these cars because they built some poor motor and expect hard working people to pay for their poor judgement in building these pretty car.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

May 142015

Charger

I was exiting a parking lot. I had my foot on the brake waiting to exit and make my left hand turn. I had my windows up and A/C on. While the car was stationary there was a big bang under my hood and I started to smell coolant. I drove my car to a repair shop and was told one of my cooling fans broke, sending a blade into my radiator causing severe damage to it.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Jul 252011

Charger 6-cyl

One incident. Transmission stuck in park. Occured after parking car. Dealership installed 4578029ae:shifter:replaced shifter.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Sep 102010

Charger

I own a 2007 Dodge Charger. Biggest piece of junk ever in my drive way. I was excited when the challenger came out, my daughter would get the Charger and momma would get the new challenger. I can say, that wont be happening. In the three years I've had this car, I have had to spend several hundred dollars to have the transmission fixed from leaking fluid. A part I was told that was manufactured incorrectly, but no recall, I had to purchase the fix kit myself. Within 6 months from this happening, the instrument cluster went out. Loosing all electronics in the car. Again, no recall another $600+ out of my pocket. Now just this week the "pink thinky" has messed up. This left me stranded in any empty parking lot at work on a Friday afternoon and my husband an hour away. Thank goodness the mechanic shop I go to could tell me how to override and get me home. Of course I called the Dodge dealership first, but low and behold the service department could not help me. The answer, "I can send a tow truck. I do know there is an override but I'm not sure how it works." Really! three things right there a recall should be issued on! this car should not have the problems it does without someone taking responsibility for correcting it. Mitsibishi has Dodge beat by along shot! 00 galant, was traded in for the Charger with 260K miles on it, never spent 1 dime that was not for routine maintenance, and it still ran, drove and handled like it did the day I bought it. But I just had to have the new Dodge Charger, big mistake on my part! there will never be another Dodge anything in my driveway. I know Dodge does not care, I'm just one out of millions but they should! Dodge can go bankrupt totally, and never manufacture another thing and my work would keep right on revolving!

- Boyd, TX, USA

Mar 282010

Charger

Vehicle occasionally loses power during normal driving. Throttle stuck wide open during acceleration from about 10 mph.

- Blaine, WA, USA