2007 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 272013

Charger

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver of the vehicle was trapped in the vehicle by the seat belt. The driver attempted to disconnect the seatbelt but it was jammed. The driver pulled and twist the belt until it released. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that the latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 34,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Enid, OK, USA

Oct 032012

Charger

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the driver side seat belt became stuck trapping the driver in the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the seat belt had to be cut in order to release the driver. A dealer was notified but offered no assistance. The vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 38,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 092012

Charger 6-cyl

I had my 82 year old mother in the car on passenger side and the seat belt just locked tight on her and before I could get somewhere to pull over it hac cut a gash under her left arm. Her skin is very thin and she is diabetic..then on a seperate incident it did the same thing to me when my husband was driving. It scared me to death.

- Vine Grove, KY, USA

Nov 192007

Charger

The front passenger seat belt was locked into the buckle and would not release then locking clip. Passenger was trapped in the vehicle because of the seat belt. Could not take it directly to dealership to have them help release it. It was after hours and could not wait until the next morning when they open. I had to cut the belt to release the passenger. Luckily I am a police officer and had a seat belt cutter. The vehicle is a 2007 Dodge Charger police package. If there had been an accident with a fire, the passenger would have been trapped a died. Took the vehicle to the dealership the next morning. They stated there was nothing they could do because there is no warranty for seat belts and it would cost me $456 to have it fixed.

- Willis, TX, USA