2007 Dodge Charger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Charger:

2007 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 022016

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Charger. While the vehicle was parked, smoke emitted from the front passenger side wheel. The vehicle later caught fire. A fire report was filed and the fire department extinguished the fire. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 240,000. Updated 08/31/16

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 222015

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Charger. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact felt as if the wheels would seize. The electronic throttle body control warning indicator illuminated during the failure. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 06V341000 (power train). The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 120,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Salida, CA, USA

Mar 012008

Charger 6-cyl

Alloy wheels ( 17 inch ) with chrome center cap ( Ram emblem ) are experiencing pitting and corrosion around center hub. This has eaten away the clear coat on the alloy wheels. Although this is not a safety concern at the moment, it reduces the vehicles value ( trade in ). Chrysler engineers need to redesign this so that corrosion does not take place. Same problem occurred to another owner's vehicle ( Dodge intrepid 1993 ). Chrysler needs to make it right by refinishing alloy wheels.

- Strongsville, OH, USA

Nov 012011

Charger 6-cyl

Premature busing and control arms failure, leading to loss of steering control and premature tire wear, harsh noise and poor absorption of road hazards ( uneven roads, or pots holes lead to abrupt steering movement).

- Parsippany, NJ, USA

Jul 242008

I own a 2007 Dodge Charger SE I bought brand new 8/7/2007 at 5,000 miles I noticed a squealing noise when I applied the brakes. I immediately went to the dealership I was told that they could not hear any noise from the brakes and that maybe it was dirt getting in the brakes. Dealership said they cleaned the brakes and I should have no problems. The same day I still notice the same squealing noise when I applied the brakes. I took my car in for an oil change at 6,000 miles and also advised the dealership of the brake problem again. Service person said he would test drive to see if he could hear the noise and again he could not hear the noise. I went in for my 12,000 miles oil change dealership did an inspection of the car found nothing wrong with my brakes and still did not hear the noise. Now at 15,500 miles while driving at 10 mph I tried to make a left turn and discovered the wheel locked up and I could not move the wheel at all at first I thought the car had stalled but there was no lights came on the dashboard to indicate that so I stopped my car and put in park and turned it off and restarted it and the when released and I was able to turn the wheel again. Well 5 days later the same thing happened to me again this time I was driving 45 mph and was trying to make a right turn and as I was slowing down and attempting to make a right turn once again the wheel is locked up. I took the car to the dealership yesterday and I was advised after leaving my car there from 8am until 3:30 pm I was advised by the service person that they could not find the problem and I am terrified to drive this car. What happens if I am on the highway going 65 mph and need to turn suddenly and the wheel locks up I could be killed or hurt or hurt someone else on the road my car is still at the dealership for the service manager to see if he can see if the problem with the wheel will occur while he is driving.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 252007

Charger 8-cyl

Shimmy at 73-80 mph visable steering wheel shakes and shimmys at 73mph car was at dealer for problem and the dealer rebalanced the wheels. No effect problem still exists. Car was returned to another dealer and wheels were rotated. No effect problem still exists. Several other owners have same problems with srt/8 models. Remidies have been replacing tie rod ends, wheel bearings, road force balance of wheels and replacement of steering rack. There needs to be a tsb for this problem.

- Waldorf, MD, USA